Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in the position of Administrative Support Assistant (OA), GS-0303-5/6, at Big Bend National Park. Your responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application will be evaluated to determine your qualifications. Please carefully follow all instructions before submitting your responses. Read all questions carefully before making your selection. Mark only one response. If you select more than one response or leave the question blank, you will be rated ineligible. You must thoroughly document your experience in your resume. If you do not meet these minimum requirements, you will be considered not qualified and will not receive consideration for this position.
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how your background meets the basic experience or education requirements for an Administrative Support Assistant (OA), GS-0303-05 position. Your experience may have been gained in the private sector.
YOUR RESUME OR APPLICATION MATERIALS YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED, OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience requirements for an Administrative Support Assistant (OA), GS-0303-06 position.A. I possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience may include the following with little or no supervision: providing a wide variety of administrative support services to enable efficient operation of a business or program office; the independent operation of computerized information systems; tracking and reconciling fiscal data for programmed accounts versus actual expenditures; preparing and following up on purchase orders and contracts; using computerized personnel systems for personnel actions and administering payroll and time/attendance; preparing a variety of forms and other administrative paperwork; and performing property management work.
3. Ability to type 40 words per minute (WPM)(Selective Factor)
This position requires the skill to type at least 40 WPM.
KSA-1. Ability to plan and organize work.
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe your experience that supports your responses to the task statements below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your application packet submitted for this position (application form or resume, transcripts, list and description of training completed and/or other items you submit). If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
4. Coordinate daily schedules and activities for an organization.
5. Greet/direct visitors, vendors, contractors ensuring appropriate direction and access controls.
6. Coordinate routine and special activities for assigned personnel.
7. Manage personnel information and training records.
8. Determine the priority of work assignments, and rely on supervisor only when conflicts or substantial deviations from the norm arise.
KSA-2. Ability to perform administrative duties such as mail, purchasing, property, payroll and personnel.
9. Establish and monitor intra/inter office communication protocols and administrative controls.
10. Prepare, review, and edit outgoing correspondence for procedural accuracy, clarity, general policy conformity, and factual correctness.
11. Coordinate travel and lodging arrangements, and prepare required documentation.
12. Prepare and submit quarterly reports/information relating to organization activities.
13. Ensure property is properly identified, accounted and inventories.
14. Distribute incoming property to appropriate personnel.
15. Answer phone, transfer calls, and takes messages when necessary for an office staff.
16. File office materials, such as correspondence, payroll records, and budget records.
17. Use of government or company credit card to make purchases.
18. Use an automated requisition system to make purchases.
19. Ensure property is properly identified and accounted for.
KSA-3. Knowledge of desktop computer systems and associated software programs.
20. Operate desktop computers and peripheral equipment.
21. Use word processing software such as Microsoft Word to prepare narrative written documents, such as correspondence or reports.
22. Use computer software programs, such as Microsoft Access, Excel, or comparable to record, manage and report data, to perform analytical/statistical functions, and to track projects.
23. Use database management programs to enter, record, and track complex information.
24. Use specialized software programs for project management or facilities maintenance activities.
25. Use a computer to access the internet, and send and receive email.
26. Use the Federal Personnel and Payroll System (FPPS) or other automated personnel and payroll system to process payroll and create and track personnel actions.
Ability to process budget documents, record expenditure transfers and reconcile budget.
27. Establish and maintain manual and electronic filing systems.
28. Utilize security procedures and protocols to safeguard sensitive information.
29. Prepare monthly financial reports to reflect current status of funds authorized, obligated, expended, and balance remaining.
30. Review and reconcile financial reports and billling statements.
31. Provide information to managers regarding budget procedures and status of funds.
32. Track administrative budget requirements and provide documents for payments and obligations.
33. Use an automated financial system for processing financial documents for payments and obligations.
34. Review procurement requests for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with regulations.
35. Update and maintain a variety of reports such as utility costs, fleet management, and property accountability.
KSA-5. Ability to communicate effectively/Interpersonal skills.
36. Draft a variety of documents that includes extensive technical terminology.
37. Prepare correspondence in reply to written inquiries and communications.
38. Answer routine questions and route requests for specialized information to appropriate party.
39. Interact with others to resolve complaints and conflicts.
40. Brief supervisors and managers on administrative program issues.
41. Assist in gathering information from files or other personnel to be used in preparation of typed material and reports.
42. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from consideration.