AREA OF CONSIDERATION - FDA OC Employees Only
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best describes your eligibility for this position. You MUST select one response or you will be rated ineligible.A. I currently work for the Office of the Commissioner (OC) in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), with a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service or in the Public Health Service.
2. Select one statement that describes whether or not you meet the Basic Qualification requirement for this position. You must submit a copy of your college transcripts (official or unofficial) or a list of college courses showing the name of the institution attended, grade received and semester/quarter hours completed to document that you meet this requirement. Failure to submit appropriate education verification will result in an ineligible rating.
3. Select one response that demonstrates how you meet the additional qualification requirement for the GS-15 grade level of this position.
For the following questions, choose ONE statement from the list (A through E) below that best describes your HIGHEST level of work experience in the task. Your answers to these task statements must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
4. Manage and lead staff that may include medical epidemiologists, statisticians, regulatory project managers, other doctoral level scientists, health care providers, support staff, fellows, residents, and students.
5. Oversee the development of technical data to determine which goals objectives to emphasize.
6. Recognize and develop new procedures to solve critical or novel problems or perform refined analyses.
7. Establish committees and work groups with members having the required background and expertise to address the facts or knowledge related to an issue.
8. Coordinate activities related to emergency response to outbreaks of illnesses and other emergencies involving regulated products and intentional acts of food contamination.
9. Improve work methods and procedures used to produce work products.
10. Eliminate and reduce significant bottlenecks and barriers to production and promote team building.
11. Develop, present and staff recommendations for action.
12. Make recommendations for improving all levels of response.
13. Interpret Federal laws, Agency regulations, policies, court decisions, guidelines and practices pertaining to the regulation of various drugs and other regulated products.
14. Initiate, coordinate and participate in the development and implementation of policies, programs, standards, or procedures.
15. Develop and redesign scientific and regulatory policies, positions, and procedures.
16. Develop tentative/final operating criteria procedures, policy issuances, standards and protocols.
17. Facilitate the identification and resolution of bottlenecks and barriers in policy development.
18. Develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions.
19. Identify issues for research and analysis.
20. Collect, analyze, and interpret a variety of data, such as report on findings, recommendations, and conclusions.
21. Analyze regulatory and scientific situations involving numerous variables, to identify and provide root causes, anticipate ancillary problems, decide appropriate courses of action, and implement decisions.
22. Study and analyze information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
23. Review and evaluate program operations and develop recommendations or decisions for program strategies, modifications, and improvements.
24. Plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate extensive and long-range programs.
25. Direct special projects, studies, or activities that involve a coordinated effort with several components and across organizational lines.
26. Manage projects involving operational matters on policy, resulting from a public health emergency.
27. Collaborate with senior managers and decision makers to identify and solve a variety of problems and to clarify management objectives.
28. Promulgate, defend, justify and settle program issues of controversial significance.
29. Establish and maintain cooperative relationships and foster interchange of information.
30. Advise higher graded echelons on policy development and implementation activities and situations involving counterterrorism, emerging threats and medical countermeasures.
31. Serve as an agency representative to a variety of stakeholders in the scientific and regulatory industry, such as academic and research communities, professional societies, and consumer organizations.
32. Discuss sensitive or controversial issues in a persuasive manner to gain support for an organization's position.
33. Serve on task forces and committees for counterterrorism, emerging threats, and medical countermeasure issues.
34. Present an organization's position in conferences and seminars.
35. Participate in and lead working groups.
36. Negotiate either independently or as a member of a team.
37. Develop written documents that support an organization's position on sensitive or controversial issues.
38. Clarify, develop or adapt guidelines to meet emergency situations that pose a threat to the public health.
39. Prepare management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
40. Disseminate research results through academic publications, written reports, or public presentations.
41. Write draft proposals and prepare speeches, correspondence, and policy papers.
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
42. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.