Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 792750
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you currently a member of the Indiana Army National Guard or willing and eligible to join? (NOTE: If you are not a current member of the Indiana National Guard you must submit a copy of your most recent copy of your DD-214 member 4)A. Yes, I am a T-32 Technician/AGR with the Indiana Army National Guard
2. Are you currently within the military grades/ranks of E-6 thru E-9 or WO1-CW4?A. Yes, I am an E-6 thru E-9.
Respond to all the questions below. Mark only one response for each question. Ethnicity and race information is requested under the authority of 42 U.S.C. Section 2000e-16 and in compliance with the Office of Management and Budget's 1997 Revisions to the Standards for the Classification of Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity. Providing this information is voluntary and has no impact on your employment status, but in the instance of missing information, your employing agency will attempt to identify your race and ethnicity by visual observation. This information is used as necessary to plan for equal employment opportunity throughout the Federal government. It is also used by the U. S. Office of Personnel Management or employing agency maintaining the records to locate individuals for personnel research or survey response and in the production of summary descriptive statistics and analytical studies in support of the function for which the records are collected and maintained, or for related workforce studies.
3. Are You Hispanic or Latino? (A person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.)
4. Please select the racial category with which you most closely identify.
5. Do you have Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- safety or occupational health fields (safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene), or degree in other related fields that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours of study from among the following (or closely related) disciplines: safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene, occupational medicine, toxicology, public health, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biological sciences, engineering, and industrial psychology. (Copies of Transcripts required with application)
Experience in scientific or technical work that provided an understanding of the basic principles and concepts of the safety and occupational health field. Creditable general experience must have demonstrated the achievement of knowledge equivalent to the education described above.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11, Facility Operations Specialist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. (NOTE: If you are using education as substitution for experience, you must provide High School Diploma or College Transcripts.)A. I have at least 24 months experience, education, or training in or directly related to this position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Knowledge of safety procedures, principles and methods necessary to independently perform a full range of duties in both industrial and tactical military operations such as, the detection and correction of unsafe conditions in vehicle maintenance shops, warehouses, munitions/hazardous materials handling and storage areas, and offices. Skill in determining unsafe acts during range operations, convoy movements, and other military unique tactical operations and to recommend corrective procedures.
8. Practical knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and procedures necessary to independently perform recurring assignments, and to identify, explain, and correct unsafe acts, operations and risks which would cause injury to personnel and damage to equipment/property.
9. Knowledge and ability to prepare and conduct formal safety training for supervisors and employees in such subjects as accident investigation, hearing conservation, OSHA compliance management site conservation, respirator protection, lifting techniques, and adverse weather protection.
10. Knowledge and skill necessary to evaluate and analyze safety standards and data such as accident frequency, causal factors, survey reports, tactical operations, and to determine effective countermeasure procedures.
11. Ability to review construction plans relating to fixed installations to ensure OSHA and other safety code requirements are incorporated in engineering designs.
12. Prior to appointment, individuals will undergo a background check to validate suitability for employment with the federal government as permitted by law. Items checked include, but are not limited to all criminal history record information, employment history, education and fiscal accountability/responsibility. IAW 5 CFR 302.203, the following, among others, may be included as disqualifying reasons: (1) Dismissal from employment for delinquency or misconduct; (2) Criminal, infamous, dishonest, immoral, or notoriously disgraceful conduct; (3) Intentional false statement or deception or fraud in examination or appointment; (4) Habitual use of intoxicating beverages to excess; (5) Reasonable doubt as to the loyalty of the person involved to the Government of the United States; (6) Any legal or other disqualification which makes the individual unfit for service; or (7) Lack of United States citizenship.A. I give my permission for the Indiana National Guard to conduct a background check on me.
Do you have any relatives (as defined below by 5 USC 3110) who are employed with the Indiana National Guard?
Per 5 USC 3110, A public official may not appoint, employ, promote, advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement, in or to a civilian position in the agency in which he is serving or over which he exercises jurisdiction or control any individual who is a relative of the public official. An individual may not be appointed, employed, promoted, or advanced in or to a civilian position in an agency if such appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement has been advocated by a public official, serving in or exercising jurisdiction or control over the agency, who is a relative of the individual. Relative is defined as father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half brother, or half sister.
Please list relatives names in narrative box below.
13. Your ratings in this questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency, if selected. Review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from consideration.