This section determines if you possess the basic requirements for appointment as an Audiologist in the Veterans Health Administration.
1. Do you possess a Master's degree or Doctoral degree in audiology, hearing science or related field from an accredited college or university? Accredited means a college or university accredited by a regional accreditation organization and an audiology program recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Audiology Education (ACAE) and/or the Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). (Transcript Required)A. Yes
2. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license in a State, Territory, Commonwealth or the District of Columbia? (Documentation Required)A. Yes
3. Are you proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), 7407(d)?A. Yes
4. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. Yes
This section will be used to assess your knowledge, skills and abilities required for the Staff Audiologist position. For each of the following items, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge, skill and ability. All C, D, or E answers must be supported on your resume, or included on other application materials. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Do you possess knowledge of contemporary audiology practice?
6. Do you have the ability to communicate orally and in writing?
7. Do you possess knowledge of anatomy, physiology, acoustics, applied acoustics, communication, psychoacoustics, and auditory/vestibular pathophysiology?
8. Do you possess knowledge of principles and techniques in the assessment and treatment of auditory and balance disorders?
9. Do you have the ability to perform functions associated with contemporary audiology scope of practice?
10. Do you have the ability to interact with patients, families, and other health care professionals?
11. Do you have the ability to develop coherent treatment strategies?
12. Do you possess knowledge of clinical services, and the ability to perform them independently?
13. Do you have the ability to conduct assessments and provide treatment interventions?
14. Do you have the ability to provide consultation to other health care professionals?
15. Do you possess knowledge of contemporary audiology practice?
16. Do you have the ability to perform functions associated with contemporary audiology scope of practice?
Please select the appropriate answer for the questions listed below.
17. Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the facility (or VISN 12) where the vacancy is located?A. Yes
18. Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the Department of Veteran Affairs? If so, please include a copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that has Items 24 and 34 completed.A. Yes
19. Are you a Veteran eligible for Veteran Preference? You must include a copy of your DD-214 showing your character of service, and if you are a 10 point preference vet you must include the SF15 and VA letter to support your claim.)A. Yes
20. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes
REMINDER- a complete Application Package includes:
VHA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations
OF306 Declaration for Federal Government
CV or Resume
Proof of current certification, licensure or registration (if possess)