Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-12.A. I have a degree that includes 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for the Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in evaluating, analyzing, and/or advising management on statistical theories, techniques, and methods used in complex public health issues and programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop methods and select techniques to conduct experimental designs.
4. Analyze program specific data using analysis techniques as life table analysis, survival analysis, and the analysis of correlated data using SAS,SUDAAN, SPSS, R, or STATA.
5. Interpret statistical theories, methods, and techniques such as linear models, nonparametric statistics, and sampling methodology.
6. Perform computerized analyses to resolve scientific problems, and modify existing techniques as needed to the applicable occupational health program.
7. Conduct analyses and evaluations to determine the suitability and adequacy of data collected, and adapts procedures independently as needed.
8. Evaluate methodology used in health studies to ensure the results are valid and reliable.
9. Make recommendations to senior officials on interpreting multiple, conflicting, or incomplete data and advises on technical issues central to initiating new statistical programs or major revisions to current statistical programs.
10. Recommend improvements for collecting and analyzing statistical data.
11. Evaluate data resulting from the application of mathematical statistical tools, models, methods and techniques to the public.
12. Analyze the accuracy and validity of prior statistical data and determines if planned operations and processes are appropriate.
13. Maintain standards regarding survey design and methodology.
14. Design mathematical statistical models, methods, and/or techniques such as sample and study designs for related data collection.
15. Develop mathematical statistical theory and methodology for a specific segment of a survey or study, i.e. devises a mathematical model or simulates study processes.
16. Conduct research to develop new analytical techniques when existing techniques are inadequate for handling specific occupational health program area research problem.
17. Plan the implementation of the design for analytic and descriptive studies for research and program evaluation.
18. Write comprehensive technical statistical reports prepared based on the data collected and provides professional statistical advice and consultation to public health professionals, senior scientists and management officials.
19. Prepare technical or scientific papers, reports, chapters, and/or fact sheets with emphasis on providing statistical or numerical information.
20. Prepare guidelines or training manuals on various health related information (e.g., occupational injury and illness prevention, etc.) expressed numerically and/or graphically.
21. Present comprehensive technical statistical reports prepared based on the data collected.
22. Participate in oral discussions in order to plan, coordinate, make decisions, and interpret findings related to study design, statistical analysis, or data management aspects of a research project.
23. Present results of research projects to the scientific community at professional meetings and conferences.
24. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.