1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as an Assistant Administrative Officer, at the GS-12 level.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
2. Implemented goals and objectives for assigned programs and planned for long-range staffing needs.
3. Exercised a range of supervisory personnel management responsibilities, to include: planned and assigned work, set and adjusted work priorities, evaluated work performance, interviewed candidates for positions, and identified developmental/training needs.
4. Executes established administrative and human resource management functions and practices relative to the staff supervised.
5. Advises supervisory officials, recommends awards for employees and reviews and approves serious disciplinary actions.
6. Made recommendations for modifications or improvements, and assured that quality goals were met and that policies and procedures were appropriately applied.
7. Performed a key role in resolving issues that significantly affect program administration.
8. Monitored established administrative requirements for an organization with few subdivisions or functions.
9. Analyzes and evaluates regulations, organizational policies, and procedures that significantly affect program administration.
10. Analyzes issues related to the establishment of program goals and objectives for the program, and the development of program evaluation strategies/methodologies.
11. Provided authoritative advice on managing administrative requirements for an organization with varied functions and programs, such as providing advice on how to address problems with a broad impact on the organization.
12. Provided guidance on routine administrative questions and situations.
13. Develops and implements organizational policies, interprets administrative policies, and provides advice to management on related issues.
14. Performs a full range of liaison and advisory services for an organization with varied functions and programs.
15. Utilizes skill in presenting complex information, analysis, ideas and positions in a clear, succinct, accurate, convincing manner.
16. Communicates with key personnel both internal and external to the agency in order to influence them to accept findings/recommendations on significant program issues.
17. Communicates with a wide variety of individuals both internal and external to the agency to plan, coordinate, or advises on complex or sensitive program issues.
18. Researches and prepares final background and decision papers, including organizing, analyzing, and summarizing relevant reports and publications.
19. Prepared memoranda, letters, opinions, and recommendations to plan and coordinate programs, issues and findings, and present or explain organization positions and policies and priorities.
20. Develops written analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of programs.
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the PERFORMANCE RECOGNITION you have most recently received.
21. Have you received a performance appraisal in one or more of the competencies described for the position?
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the AWARDS you have received within the last year.
22. Have you received any awards related to one or more of the competencies described for the position?
23. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.