Thank you for your interest in the Financial Management Analyst (GS-501-13) position at our Agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for a Financial Management Analyst, GS-501-13 position as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Employee – I am a current and permanent Title 5 National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases employee.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional Standard Form-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from the eOPF Page.A. Yes
2. Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position within the Department of Health and Human Services in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are considered well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record. For more information on CTAP, please visit OPM's The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page .A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
1. Interpret fiscal and financial management laws and regulations for organization staff.
2. Define financial requirements of the organization.
3. Ensure organizational actions are in compliance with governing regulations, laws, and policies.
4. Develop complex financial models to be followed by organization.
5. Propose new cost strategies for use in the organization.
6. Develop cost estimating policies using a wide range of analytical and statistical techniques.
7. Advise management on budget and financial issues.
8. Provide advice on actions and ramifications of policy and programmatic adjustments on costs and budget issues.
9. Examine program costs and estimates.
10. Utilize mathematical and statistical techniques to solve financial problems.
11. Analyze resources and expenditures to ensure efficient and appropriate use of funds
12. Provide budget and/or finance information for inquiries or justifications.
13. Develop reports, presentations, or briefing materials on financial management.
14. Negotiate desired changes in budget requirements with managers in the organization.
15. Review budget justifications prior to final submission.
16. Conduct research on financial management topics.
17. Provide technical advice regarding financial management trends and developments.
18. Prepare financial reports requiring in-depth analysis.
19. Present financial data by giving oral presentations to management
20. Compile and analyze statistical data as it pertains to creating a variety of reports.
21. Interpret and assess the impact of new and revised legislation on the formulation and execution of an organization's budget.
22. Analyze budgetary areas of concern and recommend procedures and methods for change.
23. Conduct financial/trend analyses for an organization.
24. Determine whether requests for funds and expenditures are proper, necessary, and timely.
25. Identify budgetary problems and develop alternative solutions involving the resolution of conflicting goals and objectives.
26. Utilize spreadsheets to display and analyze financial and/or budget data.
27. Analyze resources and expenditures to ensure efficient and appropriate use of funds.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
28. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.