If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service?
For information on who is required to register for the Selective Service, please visit The Who Must Register Page
Thank you for your interest in the Grants Management Specialist (GS-1109-9/11) position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for a Grant Management Specialist GS-1109-09 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.
2. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for a Grant Management Specialist GS-1109-11 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.
The following section is used to determine your non-competitive eligibility or priority consideration. If you want non-competitive or priority consideration, you must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated.
1. Schedule A (Individuals with Disabilities) - I am an individual who has a permanent, severe physical, psychiatric, or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and wish to be considered non-competitively.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit Proof of Disability. If you are selected, you will be asked to provide a Certificate of Job Readiness. You can obtain this documentation from a licensed medical professional; licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (State or private); or any Federal agency, State agency, agency of the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits.
For more information on this hiring flexibility, please visit the USAJobs Individuals with Disabilities PageA. Yes
2. Commissioned Corps Member– I am currently an officer enlisted in the PHS Commissioned Corps. I am interested in staying in the Corps if selected. NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you will NOT be referred on the competitive Delegated Examining certificate of eligibles, as selection from that list would require you to resign or retire from the Corps. For more information on the Commissioned Corps, please visit the U.S. Public Health Service Commission Corps Website.
3. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
1. Prepare and award grant applications for multiple programs.
2. Evaluate applications for high profile, multi-million dollar grants involving extensive subcontracting and several investigators.
3. Conduct grant and cooperative agreement negotiations in accordance to regulations and policies.
4. Develop organization-wide policies for the administration of grants.
5. Monitor all phases of awards, including closing.
6. Review and evaluate grant applications to ensure their compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
7. Review, and evaluate grants and cooperative agreements to ensure their compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
8. Evaluate the public policy aspects of research grant or cooperative applications (i.e., women and minority inclusion, lobbying, or financial conflicts of interest).
9. Suggest modifications or changes in budgets to comply with regulations and policies.
10. Negotiate with grantees to resolve issues caused by changes in funding resources.
11. Determine the priority of work to be accomplished to meet deadlines.
12. Interpret cost principles and financial management policies for grantees.
13. Administer grants or cooperative agreements.
14. Plan and manage grants and renewal applications for clinical trial networks.
15. Determine the proper allocation between direct and indirect costs.
16. Conduct cost/price analyses of grants or cooperative agreements.
17. Negotiated budgets, award continuations, and other grant-related issues.
18. Track and monitor expenditures to prevent lapse of funds or cost overruns.
19. Review financial documents to ensure compliance with administrative and financial policies and procedures.
20. Review financial documents to resolve problems, analyze alternatives, and negotiate difference to implement change.
21. Identify aspects of budgets in need of modification to comply with grant regulations and policies.
22. Evaluate the grants review process using quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques (i.e., statistical measures, task analysis, etc.).
23. Create reports from a grants database.
24. Track data using electronic grants systems.
25. Evaluate the reasonability, adequacy, and reliability of costs specified in grant and cooperative agreement financial documents.
26. Process financial status reports submitted by grantees.
27. Prepare unique special award conditions to address requirements in grants or cooperative agreements.
28. Write policy documents related to grants administration.
29. Train junior-level grants management staff.
30. Maintain relationships with external customers, partners, and stakeholders that affect the scope of programs or projects.
31. Explain and defended high level management policies.
32. Provide technical assistance to grantees.
33. Provide interpretation of regulations and grant policy to internal staff.
34. Advise high-level officials on grants oversight and review issues.
35. Prepare grant and cooperative agreement documents that include supporting statements, narratives and financial or budget justifications.
36. Respond to written requests for technical information that require data analysis.
37. Determine if grant periods should be extended.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
38. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.