Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. You must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience as a GS-09 in the Federal Service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-09 if outside the Federal Service. Specialized experience is defined as experience which provides the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to 1) advise on the public affairs program in an agency, 2) develop and disseminate information materials to the general public or groups, 3) working with the media, and 4) providing information to agency employees. You must demonstrate experience 1) designing and implementing a public affairs campaign, 2) writing news releases or articles for publication, and 3) developing information briefs or brochures.
NOTE: YOUR RESUME MUST SUPPORT THE RESPONSE YOU SELECT.
This question will be used to determine if you possess the Spanish language requirement for this position. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
2. From the descriptions below, please select the response that best reflects your proficiency in Spanish.A. My Spanish proficiency is functionally equivalent to that of a highly articulate native speaker. I can use the language with complete flexibility and intuition, so that speech on all levels is fully accepted. I am able to read fluently and translate accurately ALL styles and forms of the language pertinent to professional needs or personal interest without reference to a dictionary.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Recommend public affairs strategies which have influence on the formulation and modification of agency policies and strategic plans.
4. Research a variety of new communications to include news releases, public statements, and narratives for project brochures.
5. Prepare news releases to be submitted for print, audio, and visual release.
6. Work with high level DoD or Embassy to develop both short and long-term public affairs plans.
7. Recommend information for national campaigns to disseminate politically sensitive information concerning the agency's mission and programs.
8. Develop major talking points used by spokespersons in response to media and public inquiries.
9. Ensure consistency in agency messages disseminated in the public domain.
10. Advise agency personnel in improving the manner in which public affairs activities are conducted.
11. Analyze external environment including all factors that could influence agency objectives, programs and policies such as public and customer perceptions of issues and programs.
12. Write articles for public release.
13. Write speeches for public release.
14. Draft responses to queries from national and international media organizations.
15. Maintain media logs.
16. Assist with special events to include exhibits, public meetings, conferences, and award ceremonies.
17. Prepare a summary of weekly public affairs/media activities.
18. Coordinate with commanders, directors, principals, and their subject matter experts (SMEs) to provide answers to current and anticipated media questions.
19. Establish effective relationships with the news media, specialized groups, DOD, etc to improve their understanding of agency programs, policies and plans.
20. Brief management officials in public affairs program.
21. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.