Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following three questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-12 Budget Analyst.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Analyzes program work plans and determine the appropriate financial resources needed.
3. Prepares monthly and quarterly financial reports.
4. Consolidates budget information for reports and analysis.
5. Interprets and applies policy and/or regulatory decisions to budgetary guidance.
6. Formulates and executes the management of the payroll budget, forecasting payroll expenditures for future years ensuring that expenditures are within allocation.
7. Applies the practices and methods of budget execution to determine whether obligations, expenditures and requested allotments are within written funding limitations of the approved budget.
8. Ensures all financial records (i.e., obligations, expenditures, delivery status and available balances) are accurate and supported by proper fund control documentation.
9. Uses standard techniques to analyze budgetary data to identify problems and recommend solutions.
10. Prepares budget reports to track on-going funding and expenses.
11. Prepares, review, and analyze reports for financial closeout.
12. Reconciles reports with office records to track expenditures.
13. Forecasts expenditures to ensure they are within budgetary limits.
14. Ensures obligations and expenditures occur on a timely basis according to the annual work plan.
15. Verifies availability of funds to ensure sufficiency.
16. Advises management on a number of financial management issues.
17. Utilizes electronic financial system for receipt and disbursement of funds for a variety of accounts.
18. Maintains statistical data relating to workload for historical and forecasting analysis.
19. Uses automated databases to prepare data summaries for inclusion in reports.
20. Maintains financial spreadsheets to prepare reports.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
21. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department