Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.
1. Are you are a current permanent VA employee?A. Yes
2. Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for Veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the Veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim Veterans' preference, Veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.
3. Your rating is subject to verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in you being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.
ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. I am a Citizen of the United States.
2. I have a master's degree in social work (MSW) from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)(Graduates of schools of social work that are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the school of social work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master's degree in social work).
3. I have a Master of Science in Social Work (MSSW), Master of Social Service Administration (MSSA), Master of Social Service (MSS), Master of Social Administration (MSA), or Master of Social Welfare(CSWE considers each of these to be fully accredited graduate degrees in social work, and meet the basic education requirement).
4. I am licensed or certified by a state with an advanced practice license to practice social work (licensure or certification is by a state at the advanced practice level which included an ASWB advanced generalist or clinical examination unless it was grandfathered by the state in which they are licensed to practice at the advanced practice level (except for licenses issued in California, which administers its own clinical examination for advanced practice).
5. GS-13 Qualifications- I have experience that demonstrates possession of advanced practice skills in a specialty area or in administration demonstrating progressively more professional competency and judgment and may have certification or other post-masters training from a nationally recognized professional organization or university that includes a defined curriculum/course of study and internship or equivalent supervised professional experience in a specialty; I have typically supervised a significant number of professional staff at the GS-12 grade, including advanced practice social workers and social worker program coordinators. I have been responsible for the professional and administrative management of an area in a social work service, in a care line, or across multiple sites, e.g., multi-division facilities and CBOCs with a large number of supervisees at the GS-12 grade and below. I may have also provided direct clinical services; in addition, I can demonstrate the professional KSAs herein listed (as indicated on resume and/or CV): (1) Ability to independently organize work, set priorities, and meet multiple deadlines. (2) Knowledge and skill in management/administration, which includes supervision, consultation, negotiation, and monitoring. (3) Ability to ensure provision of clinical social work services by supervised social workers. (4) Ability to provide administrative supervision and clinical supervision, including supervision for social work licensure.
6. I am proficient in spoken and written English. (To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.)