Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
1. From the descriptions below, select the response which best describes your IT-related experience which meets the Basic Requirements for the position of an IT Project Manager GS-2210-14.
In addition to the basic requirements listed above, this question will be used to determine if you possess the specialized experience needed to qualify for this position at the GS-14 grade level.
2. From the descriptions below, select the response which best describes your experience which meets the Minimum Qualifications for the position of an IT Project Manager, GS-220-14. Please mark only one response. SELECTING MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE OR NO RESPONSE AT ALL MAY MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE.
In this section, you are asked to evaluate yourself on task items using the scale provided. When marking your ratings, please do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Do not give yourself credit for having performed tasks you have not performed. Additional steps in the selection process are designed to verify your stated level of experience and capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from employment with the organization.
3. Serve as project leader on various major organizational Initiatives on multi-faceted projects that include multi-process.
4. Apply industry standards, and the best practices in Information Technology (IT) project management.
5. Provide Information Technology (IT) program management services to a healthcare agency and/ or organization.
6. Demonstrate expertise experience in managing complex information related technology project management tools and coordinating agency and/or program wide computer initiatives.
7. Analyze and develop IT system requirements for the design, development, security and maintenance of the regulatory, scientific, and administrative data that form the infrastructure of the IT systems.
8. Determine appropriate testing strategies and methodologies concerning the IT systems.
9. Expert in requirements gathering and documentation.
10. Expert knowledge of business process
11. Mentor and teach project management methodologies.
12. Ensure customers are involved at all stages from development, to testing and implementation, through evaluation of the project's success in providing information Technology (IT) solutions.
13. Work with subject matters experts in creating IT that meet and surpass their initial expectations and specifications.
14. Manage large and complex Information Technology (IT) projects that span across multiple organizational boundaries.
15. Identify problems areas requiring the development of additional information systems or needing further resolution concerning the nature and magnitude with others who may be affected by an established or implied Agency and/or organization policy.
16. Utilize the project management methods and tools to support information systems development and operations.
17. Participate in the development of IT solutions.