Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education as related to the Basic Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist, GS-601-14.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist, GS-0601-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service which includes experience in designing, overseeing, implementing, and/or conducting scientific studies/surveys or projects to identify and solve public health problems related to nutrition, physical activity, and/or obesity prevention.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Serve as an advisor in the planning, design, implementation, and analysis of projects.
4. Design, oversee, implement and conduct scientific surveys/studies or projects to identify and solve health system related problems.
5. Provide consultation as a recognized authority in public health.
6. Provide technical advice to state and local health agencies and other health-related organizations concerning measuring and evaluating public health capacity and performance.
7. Provide guidance on the development of policy and objectives.
8. Serve as technical consultant on contracts for scientific services.
9. Monitor progress of research projects to assure adherence to research and programmatic objectives.
10. Participate in negotiations on the type and amount or assistance provided to contractors, cooperative agreements participants, or cooperating agency activities.
11. Make presentations to other scientific staff, federal, state and local health program managers and the public.
12. Provide guidance in communication of scientific findings to practitioners and lay audiences.
13. Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on scientific operations that are critical to the public health community.
14. Analyze epidemiologic investigation data utilizing new methodologies or existing techniques that have been extensively revised.
15. Collaborate on projects/studies with other program staff, organizations, other federal agencies, state and local health agencies, and private and non-private organizations.
16. Lead scientists and program consultants in various aspects of the study and survey design process.
17. Provide support in the analysis and reporting of data and data dissemination to audiences.
18. Analyze study or project implementation procedures for improvement.
19. Provide advice to staff in the design of studies conducted within or sponsored by a program.
20. Provide advice and assistance in evaluation the methodology of past and proposed studies conducted within a program.
21. Consult with epidemiologists, statisticians, and public health professionals concerning on-going and established studies or other projects.
22. Synthesize and interpret relevant literature in order to provide analytical review of current research.
23. Prepare scientific articles and technical reports for publication in national and international public health journals.
24. Design and implement research studies on physical activity and public health.
25. Analyze and disseminate research findings on physical activity and public health.
26. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Please select a response from below to certify the accuracy of your assessment questionnaire.