Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes how you meet the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Medical Officer, GP-602-15.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or training which meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for a Medical Officer, GP-602-15.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If submitting Qualifications and Availability Form C, you must darken the oval corresponding to the statement that best describes your experience and/or training in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Direct a substantive and methodological research program to use, develop and evaluate new methods for assessing health nutritional status using direct physical measures.
4. Utilize social science, health science, nutrition science or survey research techniques to analyze data in health research.
5. Provide authoritative advice and assessments of the impact of actual and proposed administration, Departmental or Congressional actions on programs, functions and activities.
6. Plan, manage, organize and direct program functions, survey operations.
7. Oversee research activities of a health and nutritional status research program based on direct physical measures that will have broad impact on the health and health care of the nation.
8. Formulate short and long term plans consistent with the mission, vision and strategic aims of an organization including developing and making recommendations for the enhancement and improvement of the mission and functions of a major health or nutrition research program.
9. Coordinate and integrate a number of technical projects such as planning and designing future surveys and coordinating cooperative and collaborative research projects with a variety of stakeholders.
10. Evaluate budget, fiscal and administrative controls to manage a Division's programmatic operations and services.
11. Engage with representatives from Federal agencies; State and local public health departments; and national and international health organizations; professional and voluntary health organizations; public interest groups to build alliances in order to achieve organizational goals.
12. Serve as a scientific and technical consultant on a variety of areas related to health or nutritional status research programs.
13. Respond to Congressional and media inquiries.
14. Present research findings at public meetings, interagency science forums, national or international meeting/conferences.
15. Provide leadership and direction on scientific, technical and administrative matters to ensure achievement of program goals and objectives including solving unusual and often precedent setting problems associated with program operations and related activities.
16. Direct, oversee and coordinate the work of subordinate supervisors for public health initiatives.
17. Develop the most cost effective and fiscally responsible method to conduct the activities of an organization and solve related problems including determining the allocation of human and financial resources for a Division and assure compliance with related legal requirements.
18. Author scientific documents for peer reviewed journals. Write and prepare articles, position papers and press releases.
19. Prepare technical papers, reports, and speeches for presentation at scientific meetings and for publication in professional journals.
20. Prepare reports and policy recommendations as the basis for key level decision making.
21. Provide technical direction over medical programs within a Division.
22. Serve as a senior advisor in planning and coordinating methods development and applications projects in support of major agency programs dealing with disease and health problems and issues.
23. Provide expert medical advice and consultation to the Director and others on the role of a Division including, research directions, and program priorities, policies and activities, using unique professional medical expertise.
24. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.