Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the GS-0696-12/13, Consumer Safety Officer position.
1. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal Service by the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.A. Yes
2. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal Service by the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.
Please answer yes or no to statements 3-4 below. Your response will determine if you meet the time-in-grade requirements for this position. You must respond to each statement.
3. I have 52 weeks at the GS-11 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
4. I have 52 weeks at the GS-12 grade level or above in the Federal Service within 30 days of the announcement closing date.A. Yes
Please respond yes or no to the statement below. Your response will determine if you meet the area of consideration for this position.
5. I am a current employee of the Food and Drug Administration, Office of Regulatory Affairs, New York District.
Your response to the statement below will determine if you are eligible for non-competitive referral.
6. Please select the appropriate response from the list below.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If applying using form OPM Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
7. Responsible for interpretation and application of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and related industry practices and regulations ensuring accuracy and completeness of objectives.
8. Responsible for understanding the organizational structures and interrelationships of compliance organizations and programs ensuring they relate to area of responsibility.
9. Formulates recommendations based on background and understanding of policies, regulations, procedures, and information.
10. Ensures documentation and practices of firms are in compliance with laws, rules, and regulations in protecting public health.
11. Responsible for using appropriate official correspondence, agency information when bringing legal actions against a violator in a court of laws.
12. Remain current in compliance area in order to utilize the latest technologies and skills when evaluating documentation.
13. Performs analyses and evaluation of data samples and documented information gathered during inspections and investigations determining deficiencies.
14. Analyzes study results and determines whether an investigation is complete or additional work is required.
15. Ensures non-compliant establishments make necessary changes to meet regulations and determines the most suitable course of action including recommendations of legal action.
16. Follows-up with industry and determines the data, documentation and other evidence necessary to support the recall recommendation.
17. Provides evidence to appropriate office along with documentation recommending recall classification and course of action to expeditiously remove a violative product from the market.
18. Reviews and evaluates evidence and findings indicating a possible lack of compliance with enforced laws and regulations and assesses whether a violation exists and determines appropriate course of action.
19. Responsible for identifying and acquiring information from industry about production and problems associated with each recalled product.
20. Responsible for coordinating and resolving the most difficult, controversial and complex recall problems posing a combination of scientific and regulatory challenges.
21. Develops recall strategy, recall notification letters, draft press releases and notifying and keeping various offices updated on documentation prepared by the recalling firm.
22. Responds to requests from regulated industry and other organizations, general public and news media giving appropriate information in accordance with rules and guidelines.
23. Answers inquiries from Federal, State or local agencies, foreign missions, industry and importers regarding interpretation of Agency-enforced laws and regulations, case status, enforcement policies and policies relating to recall activities.
24. Prepares data samples and information gathered during inspections and investigations into final format.
25. Reviews, evaluates, and prepares proposed legal action to ascertain conformance and enforcement policy, regulatory objectives, jurisdiction and adequacy of evidence.
26. Serves as fact witness in court cases dealing with regulated products.
27. Interacts with various levels of officials representing the establishments subject to regulatory review, exchanging information and providing advice and guidance on those aspects of review with deficiencies.
28. Participates and collaborates as a recall subject matter expert in nationwide training programs for investigators and other personnel.