Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Lead Health Communications Specialist, GS-1001-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating major, complex public health communication and marketing programs and campaigns.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop and implement health communication and marketing programs, projects, and strategies for the general public and other audiences, including innovative demonstration projects.
3. Provide consultation, technical assistance, and training on program and project implementation to internal and external stakeholders as it relates to health communication and marketing activities.
4. Provide health communication and marketing support for integrated communication and marketing programs and interventions.
5. Participate with senior staff and management officials to develop position and policy statements.
6. Lead or conduct research and evaluation activities related to health communication and marketing.
7. Promote, guide, conduct and support audience research and evaluation of communication and marketing programs, including formative, process and outcome evaluation and qualitative and quantitative methods.
8. Ensure the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values are integrated into the health communication or marketing program or project's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans, and work products, and services.
9. Manage activities related to health communication and marketing programs, projects, and contracts.
10. Provide advice and support related to health communication and marketing functions and activities.
11. Prepare presentation materials (e.g., talking points, PowerPoint slides) for meetings, site visits, etc.
12. Serve as liaison between program and other CDC communication and marketing staff and with external stakeholders on program-specific issues.
13. Prepare messages materials for campaign or program work for diverse audiences including professional audiences and the news media and presenting health communication briefings or presentations to various groups.
14. Cultivate and maintain relationships with other communicators and communication staff to provide technical assistance and consultation on national communication and marketing campaign activities.
15. Coordinate with others on health media production to promote partnerships and strategic alliances.
16. Serve as a point of contact for information about electronic health communication and marketing activities.
17. Write a variety of documents, including descriptions of communication and marketing programs and projects, communication and marketing plans, reports of audience research results, scopes of work, and training tools for various audience.
18. Implement summative evaluation of health communication campaigns and programs.
19. Write documents such as program/project descriptions, communication and marketing plans, reports about audience research and results, scopes of work, and training tools.
20. Contribute to the development of written documents in a manner that reflects an understanding of goals and objectives.
21. Produce written documents that are technically accurate and well researched to maintain effective communications with staff and partners.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.