Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Behavioral Scientist, GS-0101-15.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Behavioral Scientist, GS-0101-15.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in planning, designing and conducting of HIV behavioral research and serving as lead author on peer-reviewed journal articles describing this research. This behavioral research leadership experience could include any of the following domains; assessing the efficacy or effectiveness of an HIV behavioral intervention or combination of behavioral and biomedical interventions; synthesizing HIV prevention research findings through qualitative or quantitative reviews or meta-analysis, or conducting operational or implementation research designed to improve the effectiveness of prevention interventions.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Design, oversee, implement and conduct scientific surveys/studies or projects to identify and solve public health problems.
4. Analyze public health issues and their impact on operations.
5. Conduct analytical studies related to public health to synthesize the results of technical studies, projects and programs.
6. Make recommendations for processes, procedures and/or policies related to public health programs, practices, and research.
7. Oversee, provide guidance, and ensure that all research, programs, publications and communications produced by a multi-disciplinary team of scientists meet the highest standards of quality and integrity.
8. Provide consultation and technical assistance to State and local agencies, and non-governmental organizations in the conduct of research related to the activities and programs of a multi-disciplinary team of scientists.
9. Brief colleagues and higher-level managers and executives on technical topics.
10. Present decisions, conclusions, findings or recommendations of projects to senior officials.
11. Give scientific presentations to large groups (20 or more) at a national or international scientific meeting or conference.
12. Prepare briefing materials on research and demonstration project activities for senior leadership of an organization.
13. Write (lead author) a technical research paper related to HIV/STD behavioral research that has been published in a peer-reviewed publication.
14. Write articles, position papers, press releases, answers to frequently asked questions, summaries, or briefs on findings from research for non-scientific audiences.
15. Provide behavioral science advice and consultation for disease control and prevention programs for HIV or other infectious or chronic diseases.
16. Direct programs or research designed to investigate trends and developments affecting national and/or international public health programs.
17. Present the results of research analyses on HIV or other infectious or chronic diseases.
18. Publish the results of research studies on HIV or other infectious or chronic diseases.
19. Perform assessments, make recommendations and approve research study designs, analytical and experimental methods, data analyses, internal and external peer reviews, abstracts and presentation clearances and publication of data and research findings related to addressing HIV prevention and control.
20. Provide final clearance of abstracts, manuscripts, and protocols produced by a multi-disciplinary team of scientists.
21. Resolve conflicts, differences or problems among colleagues, team member and others.
22. Supervise subordinate employees.
23. Set goals, milestones and expectations for multi-disciplinary teams of scientists.
24. Coach or mentor staff to achieve desired results.
25. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.