Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Medical Officer, GS-0602-14.A. I have successfully completed the requirements for Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your residency that meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Medical Officer, GS-0602-14. Note: A residency program involves training in a specialized field of medicine in an institution accredited for training in the specialty by a recognized body of the American Medical Association (AMA) or AOA.A. I have four years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for the Medical Officer, GS-602-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, planning, organizing, and conducting epidemiologic studies, surveillance, or program evaluation activities related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Program.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Plan and implement medical/epidemiologic studies, surveillance systems, and investigations related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Programs.
5. Develop policy, objectives and programs related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Programs.
6. Provide medical and epidemiological guidance to resolve technical issues related to the geographic distribution of Field Applied Epidemiology Training Programs.
7. Serve as a recognized consultant and expert on medical and epidemiological issues/problems in the Field Applied Epidemiology Training Programs.
8. Evaluate data collection, quality control, and data utilization methods used to study epidemiological problems.
9. Analyze public health issues related to a specific medical/public health field.
10. Develop and maintain relationships among public health groups.
11. Coordinate Field Applied Epidemiology Training Programs or other public health activities with other Federal agencies.
12. Brief management and program officials on medical, epidemiologic, and surveillance issues related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Programs.
13. Present on scientific or technical issues related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Programs.
14. Fluency in the French language is required
15. Prepare briefing materials on public health research activities for senior leadership.
16. Write articles, position papers, press releases, answers to frequently asked questions, summaries, or briefs on findings from scientific research for non-scientific audiences.
17. Develop scientific publications and other documents communicating scientific findings.
18. Prepare reports on the presentation, analysis, and interpretation of data from Field Applied Epidemiology Training Programs.
19. Excellent written French skills are required
20. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.