Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 794287
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
OCCUPATIONAL QUESTIONS - Mark only 1 response for each question.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND WORK EXPERIENCE
This section asks you to describe your educational background, your work, and other experiences in specific factors which relate to job performance. ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED. Record your answers in Section 25.
1. Please fill in "A" for this question.A. Please mark this box. Leaving this box blank or choosing a different option for this question will disqualify you for this position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-7, Paralegal Specialist work. If your highest level of education is not described below, choose the letter that describes experience or lower level education that you do have. Mark only 1 response.
3. Please fill in "A" for this question.
4. Please fill in "A" for this question.A. This is the correct response.
5. Please fill in "A" for this question.A. This is the correct response.
The following questions ask you to describe your educational background, your work, and other experiences in specific areas which relate to successful job performance.
You are to choose one answer to each question from among the alternatives presented. Then, record your answers in Section 25 on OPM Form 1203-FX beginning at Item 6. Do not mark more than one answer for each question. Multiple answers will not be counted. Do not omit answers unless instructed to do so. Other omissions may decrease your score.
1. During high school (grades 9 - 12), I made the semester honor roll:
2. The high school grade I most often received was:
IF YOU DID NOT ATTEND COLLEGE, PLEASE SKIP TO ITEM 4.
3. The college grade I most often received was:
4. In the past three years the number of different paying jobs I have held for more than two weeks is:
5. I have been employed in work similar to that of the job covered by this examination:
6. In the past three years, my primary work experience has been in:
7. On my present or most recent job, my supervisor rated me as:
8. In the past three years the number of jobs I have been fired from is:
9. The number of civic or social organizations (which have regular meetings and a defined membership) that I belong to is:
10. In organizations to which I belong, my participation is best described as:
11. My previous supervisors (or teachers if not previously employed) would most likely describe my basic math skills as:
The questions in this part relate to fundamental competencies, such as problem solving, that are required for the job for which you are applying.
Please answer each question "A" for YES or "B" for NO.
Keep in mind the following:
1) Some questions refer to "work" experience. Unless otherwise stated, this includes experience you have gained through:
2) Some questions include examples to help show the broad range of accomplishments and experience applicants might have. Read the entire question using the examples as a guide, but do not base your answers solely on the examples.
3) Some questions ask you if you received a grade of B or above in your schoolwork. On an A, B, C, D, F scale, a grade of B or above is considered an above average grade. If you were graded on a different scale, use the equivalent of a B or above on the type of scale on which you were graded.
Answer all questions to the best of your ability. Your responses are subject to verification through background checks, job interviews, and any other information obtained during the application process. Untruthful responses or any attempt to conceal information can result in your removal from a Federal job and in you being barred from seeking Federal employment in the future.A- YES
12. Have you successfully done work that involved writing technical or legal reports, or translating technical or other complex material into language that was more easily understood?
13. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved discussing sensitive information with others, or interviewing or surveying people, either in person or by telephone, to gather information they were reluctant to give?
14. Have you successfully reviewed and evaluated forms, applications, documents, or other information, not including contract proposals or bids, to make determinations (for example, to determine approval or denial of loans, eligibility for claims, etc.)?
15. Have you successfully completed a large-scale project (lasting several months or longer) on or ahead of schedule with minimal supervision?
16. Have you received formal recognition for providing good service to customers or clients (for example, received an award, a letter of commendation, an excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?
17. Have you identified and solved a problem with a procedure, product, or service that benefited the organization (for example, saved the organization time or money, increased sales, reduced errors, etc.)?
18. Have you received formal recognition for your ability to work well with others (for example, received a letter of recommendation or appreciation, an excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?
19. Do you regularly monitor your progress toward achieving your career goals (for example, by initiating discussions about your career goals with your supervisor, employee counselor, mentor, etc.)?
20. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved interacting with customers, clients, co-workers, or supervisors who were especially difficult to get along with?
21. Have you successfully done work where your supervisor regularly relied on you to make decisions while he or she was in meetings or out of the office?
22. Have you successfully completed a complex research project that included collecting and analyzing information, and reporting conclusions or recommendations?
23. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved informally providing oral explanations of technical information or other complex information, such as regulations, policies, or procedures?
24. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved making decisions about disclosure of sensitive or confidential information?
25. Have you been requested to take on additional responsibilities because of your ability to manage your own work effectively?
26. Have you successfully done work that involved making personnel decisions (for example, who to hire, promote, or discipline) or deciding how to allocate equipment, materials, staff, etc.?
27. Have you successfully done work that only occasionally involved helping others work out their problems (for example, worked as a resident advisor in a dorm, camp counselor, etc.)?
28. Have you often been asked to proofread or edit the writing of others for content, punctuation, spelling, and grammar?
29. In high school, did you have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, belong to an honor society, or graduate with honors?
30. Have you successfully planned activities for nonwork groups (for example, athletic teams, professional associations, religious groups, etc.)?
31. Have you worked on a team that produced measurable improvements (for example, an increase in production, quality, customer satisfaction, or a decrease in costs, number of injuries, complaints, etc.)?
32. Have you broken a sales record or a similar record, regularly exceeded quotas or similar productivity standards, or received formal recognition for doing work that surpassed what was expected (for example, received a certificate of appreciation, bonus, etc.)?
33. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved deciding how to handle disorderly people or situations?
34. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to lead or facilitate briefings, meetings, or conferences, or formally present technical or other complex information to others?
35. Do you have a professional license or certificate issued by a state or other official or professional licensing board indicating your mastery of a specialized body of knowledge (for example, cosmetology, real estate, certified public accounting, etc.)?
36. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your customer service skills?
37. Have you received favorable feedback about your interpersonal skills when serving as a leader, instructor, or supervisor for academic, religious, community, sports, leisure, or work activities?
38. Have you successfully coordinated work, school, and/or family responsibilities under especially difficult circumstances (for example, you and your spouse worked full time while raising young children, you went to school full time and worked more than 20 hours per week, you worked full time while caring for an elderly parent, etc.)?
39. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved interacting with people, other than your co-workers, from a foreign country or from different ethnic or cultural backgrounds?
40. Have you received formal recognition for solving a work-related problem (for example, received an award, a letter of commendation, etc.)?
41. Have you successfully done work where you played a key role in keeping morale up, fostering team spirit or cooperation, or making a group more productive (for example, worked as a coach, supervisor, campaign manager, etc.)?
42. Have you successfully done work that often required you to accommodate last minute requests from customers or clients or to provide quality service in situations where timeliness is critical (for example, worked as a courier or travel agent, worked in newspaper publishing, etc.)?
43. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved relaying messages to co-workers, or providing information or giving simple instructions to customers or the public, either in person or by telephone (for example, worked as a receptionist, dispatcher, etc.)?
44. Have you successfully worked closely with a client over an extended period of time to complete a project or resolve a problem?
45. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved answering questions, gathering nonsensitive information, or providing assistance to others, either in person or by telephone?
46. Have you received favorable feedback about your ability to provide oral instructions or on-the-job training to others, or about your ability to instruct or coach others in athletic, leisure, or community activities?
47. Have you designed or developed something, on your own initiative, to help you or other employees better complete assignments (for example, designed a training manual)?
48. Have you successfully done work that regularly required you to determine resource requirements or monitor the use of resources (for example, staff, space, equipment, supplies, materials, etc.)?
49. Have you received formal recognition (for example, received an award, letter of commendation, etc.) or been given certain assignments because of your ability to work well in a group?
50. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved answering questions, demonstrating a product or service, or providing assistance to customers, clients, or the public?
51. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved conducting quality checks or following up with customers or clients to ensure satisfaction with a product or service?
52. Have you successfully planned or monitored a large-scale project or program that involved several steps that were carried out over an extended period of time?
53. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved determining appropriate products or services for customers or clients?
54. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your self-management skills (for example, time management, goal setting, career development, etc.)?
55. Have you successfully planned an event such as a conference, fund-raiser, etc.?
56. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved verifying the accuracy of information or the relevance of information to a problem or a situation (for example, investigative work)?
57. Have you received formal recognition for your written work (for example, received an award, letter of commendation, excellent performance appraisal rating, etc.)?
58. Have you received favorable feedback for oral presentations you have given to management or other officials, or to the public (for example, for speaking at religious services, performing in theatrical productions, etc.)?
59. Have you successfully done work that frequently required you to present nontechnical information at briefings, meetings, conferences, or hearings?
60. Have you successfully learned a hobby or leisure activity requiring extensive study or use of complex directions (for example, constructing stereo or computer systems, making stained glass objects, etc.)?
61. Have you successfully done work in a setting where the fast pace required employees to assist each other to ensure that quality service or products were provided (for example, worked on an assembly line, in a fast-food restaurant, etc.)?
62. Have you successfully done work that required you to live with others 24 hours a day while working with them toward a common goal (for example, completed a tour of duty on a submarine, worked on a wilderness trail-building team or scientific expedition, etc.)?
63. Have you served on a decision-making board or committee (for example, student governing board, planning board, homeowners' association board, etc.)?
64. Have you devised a strategy to overcome a major setback that successfully enabled you to complete a project on time or within budget?
65. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved planning, prioritizing, scheduling, and monitoring work for 10 or more people?
66. Have you learned a hobby or leisure activity well enough that others have paid you to do it?
67. Have you suggested or made changes to products or procedures that resulted in better meeting customer needs?
68. Have you successfully dealt with a disruption to regular operations in a way that allowed for completion of the work or continuation of a noncritical service?
69. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved interacting or coordinating with people outside of your immediate work group (for example, people from other offices, departments, organizations, etc.)?
70. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved planning, prioritizing, and monitoring your own work?
71. Have you successfully written reports that presented facts, findings, logical conclusions, and persuasive arguments (for example, wrote a thesis, briefing papers, policy papers, complex research papers, etc.)?
72. Have you written procedures or instructions that others have followed successfully (for example, instruction manuals, survey instructions, training materials, etc.)?
73. Have you done work that involved writing brochures, press releases, or speeches?
74. Have you successfully done work that regularly involved composing letters or writing reports containing several short paragraphs, such as investigation reports, accident reports, performance evaluations, etc.?
75. Have you successfully done work that involved deciding which supplies, equipment, or merchandise to purchase for a group or organization?
76. Have you successfully completed a highly structured, formal training program, not including an apprenticeship for a trade or craft, that required you to learn a complex body of information (for example, training for jobs in insurance, law enforcement, real estate, etc.)?
77. Have you effectively served on a problem-solving, planning, or goal-setting committee or team?
78. Have you successfully completed a long-term project outside of work where you were solely responsible for doing the work (for example, completed a thesis, wrote a book that was published, prepared a horse for competition that won a ribbon, restored an antique car, etc.)?
79. Have you successfully done work that only occasionally required you to present information at briefings, meetings, conferences, or hearings?
80. Have you learned a hobby or leisure activity well enough that you have been asked to do it for others on a voluntary basis?
81. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that helped you improve your teamwork skills?
82. Have you participated in training classes, workshops, or seminars outside of school that improved your performance at work?