Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 765975
SOCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT, GS-0186-4/5
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (04-05) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
Incumbent is required, as an incidental duty, to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license will then be required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-4 Social Services Assistant. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.) For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0100/0186.htm
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-5 Social Services Assistant. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.) For more information visit: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs0100/0186.htm
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
7. Apply general office skills to greet the general public.
8. Apply standards for office telephone etiquette.
9. Manage walk in clientele and schedule appointments.
10. Assist clients in completing application and reviewing applications for services.
11. Utilize local resource agencies, tribal, county, state and federal services needed.
12. Utilize good judgment in locating and applying the appropriate federal regulations, bureau manuals and office memorandum.
13. Ensure work is carried out within 25 CFR and official memoranda consistent with social services practices.
14. Provide written documentation in case files consistent with records management and file maintenance plans and schedules.
15. Apply safety standards and protocols during work to ensure proper safety measures.
16. Apply best practice models involved in social services.
17. Work with diverse individuals, general public, co-workers, administrators, local program staff and supervisors, etc.
18. Communicate effectively orally and in writing to clients, tribal, county, state and federal agencies.
19. Apply communication skills on an individual basis and in group settings to ensure services provided are explained thoroughly.
20. Participate in team work processes and collaborative efforts with other local programs.
21. Communicate with supervisor and other Human Services staff to make positive adjustments with in the organization.
22. Operate computers and provided software as well as daily office machine use.
23. Obtain and collect data to encode into computer system software.
24. Retrieve statistical information from computer systems.
25. Maintain financial assistance records and verify information to other service organizations.
26. Organize schedules and arrange workload to accommodate case managers and clientele.
27. Identify local areas for home visit purposes and transporting clients to destinations.
28. Conduct home visits to verify locations of residence and living circumstances.
29. Conduct initial assessments to verify social services needs.
30. Identify available resources for client referral purposes.
31. Locate and establish rapport with other service providers.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
32. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITY: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF50s) is received.