Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Competitive Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your experience related to this position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service) that included overseeing an organization's contract and procurement program; developing and executing large program budgets; developing long-range program analysis studies; and making recommendations to management for improving management and program procedures and work methods.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Develop contractual and procurement aspects of extramural regulatory research.
3. Conduct resource utilization studies related to a program.
4. Implement new operating procedures which effect the operation of contractual processes.
5. Monitor contractor's compliance with contractual obligations.
6. Conduct market research analysis of potential sources.
7. Coordinate budget segment and planning processes to inform upper management of key fiscal issues.
8. Monitor budget allocation and execution to insure that operation program objectives are being met.
9. Evaluate financial trends for compliance with Agency guidance.
10. Develop long and/or short range programmatic/operation plans for an organization.
11. Conduct management studies to streamline and improve procedures and workflow patterns.
12. Analyze the effectiveness of work methods, distribution of work assignments, and delegations of authority.
13. Recommend resource allocations based on program priorities and needs.
14. Negotiate with management to accept recommendations.
15. Inform supervisor of potentially controversial findings, issues, or problems impacting the program.