Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 794669
FORESTRY TECHNICIAN (FIRE)
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (04-04) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the Vacancy Announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty to verify Veterans Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
4. PRIOR FIREFIGHTING EXPERIENCE: This position requires previous wildland firefighting experience which provided knowledge of the techniques, policies, and practices of wildland fire management. Do you have wildland firefighting experience as described above?A. Yes, I have prior wildland firefighting experience.
The incumbent must possess a valid state Driver's License AND may be required to obtain and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
5. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?A. Yes, I certify that I possess a valid Driver's License.
Respond to the following question. Choose the response that best represents your highest level of experience, education, and training. Mark only one response. Please note that your answer will be verified against the information you provided by your references.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-4 Forestry Technician (Fire) level. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college or university transcript(s).
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each statement.
7. Perform suppression tactics on wildland fires.
8. Serve as a crewmember on an engine, helitack or handcrew.
9. Communicate effectively with fireline personnel using accepted fireline terminology.
10. Perform line construction activities using a variety of tools.
11. Construct simple and progressive hose lays to support suppression or holding operations.
12. Participate in burning or holding operations on prescribed fires.
13. Implement suppression tactics based on current and expected fire behavior.
14. Collect weather data on fire assignments in order to make fire behavior calculations.
15. Complete training in fire safety.
16. Conduct fire or safety training as an instructor or demonstrator.
17. Complete training in basic first aid procedures sufficient to be a first responder.
18. Recognize unsafe practices and conditions and implements appropriate mitigation.
19. Perform assignments that involved wildland-urban interface situations.
20. Perform wildland fire duties using axes, shovels, Pulaskis, McLeods, and power tools such as chainsaws.
21. Construct fireline using a variety of tools.
22. Maintain firefighting tools and equipment.
23. Perform work, such as road and trail maintenance and habitat manipulation.
24. Conduct preflight passenger briefing.
25. Manifests passengers.
26. Calculate allowable helicopter payloads.
27. Construct sling loads to transport supplies to and from the fire line.
Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
28. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position:A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.