Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. Please read the following question carefully and select the one response that best describes your education as it pertains to the basic requirements for an Epidemiologist GS-601 position. You must select one response. Remember, if your answer is 'A' below, you MUST provide a copy of your college transcript.A. I have a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position, such as biochemistry, pharmacology, chemistry, epidemiology, or other related biological and medical sciences. (You must submit transcript at time of application submission)
2. Please read the following question carefully and select the one response that best describes your experience as it pertains to the specialized experience required for this Lead Epidemiologist GS-601-14 position. Your response will be verified for accuracy. You must select one response.A. I have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or higher in the Federal Service that included designing and initiating epidemiologic studies related to the postmarketing safety of drugs; leading a team of professionals tasked with conducting epidemiologic studies to resolve epidemiologic issues; and representing a program's point of view at meetings.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experience you have had that is related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the level descriptions listed below. For each statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience and record your selection.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop valid approaches to an Agency's policies and procedures to make final decisions concerning them.
4. Oversee the development, implementation, evaluation, and improvement of epidemiologic and statistical methods for medical devices and radiological products.
5. Conduct searches or review existing literature and data in a specialty area.
6. Monitor internal review board clearances and designs questionnaires and other data collections instruments.
7. Identify and analyze public health issues related to medical product safety and their impact on public health policies.
8. Plan and initiate epidemiology studies, surveys, and investigations related to postmarketing drug safety.
9. Evaluate data collection, quality control , and data utilization methods used to study epidemiological problems and issues.
10. Identify or develop intervention methods to identify, treat, or resolve various medical issues or problems.
11. Assign work to others based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of subordinates. .
12. Oversee team of mulit-discipline scientists and serve as an expert in the review of an analysis of drug safety issues.
13. Guide staff in all phase of independent epidemiologic research.
14. Determine short- and long-term priorities for a program.
15. Lead or participate with other team membors and senior staff in various aspects of study or survey design preocess.
16. Provide epidemiological advice in the resolution of technical problems and/or issues.
17. Keep senior management informed of problems related to products under review.
18. Provide consultative services on large and difficult programs or projects that have unusually demanding technical problems or issues and cross into other programs.
19. Present results to the scientific community at professional meetings and conferences.
20. Review and approve the substance of reports, decisions, case documents, contracts, or other action documents to ensure policies accurately reflect the position and/or views of the organization.