Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Public Health Analyst, GS-685-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the federal service that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include experience planning, developing and implementing public health prevention programs in collaboration with local, state, and other Federal governments.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Serve as expert analyst in developing, monitoring, and implementing, HIV prevention programs.
3. Evaluate current or projected complex, interrelated public health programs related to HIV prevention.
4. Research, develop, and evaluate key public health policies, procedures, and guidelines.
5. Design and conduct comprehensive studies to identify and propose solutions involving governmental and non-governmental organizations from multiple sectors at the community, State, and national levels.
6. Provide critical advice and assistance in overcoming barriers to program delivery; develop, oversee, coordinate, and manage new initiatives impacting public health domestically or abroad
7. Implement complex program policies and strategies to meet new and novel conditions and improve or overcome shortfalls and deficiencies.
8. Advise senior management on public health policies, operations, products, and services.
9. Analyzes existing or proposed systems, and other health-related matters.
10. Implement and administer long range plans for the public health program.
11. Develop relationships with other programs and key functions internal or external to the agency
12. Define requirements, integrate program activities, assess impact, and/or make decision on use of resources.
13. Provides technical advice and assistance in developing, awarding, managing, and evaluating grants, cooperative agreements, contracts, and other awards.
14. Develop a relationship with other programs and key functions internal or external to the agency to define requirements.
15. Provide technique to plan and organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities.
16. Collaborate with officials (e.g., Federal, State, local), health professionals, private and/ or non-profit stakeholders on the implementation of public health programs.
17. Provide staff development training and technical assistance on an area of interest to increase knowledge of program and research staff or service providers.
18. Provide technical and administrative advice and assistance as it relates to the administration of public health programs/initiatives.
19. Prepare and present presentations.
20. Provide program consultation and responds to inquiries.
21. Prepare reports of findings and recommendations resulting from program assessments and/or compliance reviews.
22. Develop briefing papers and summaries of technical documentation or managerial findings for senior staff or other decision-making bodies.
23. Ability to prepare responses for inquires reports, and proposals.
24. Prepare reports of findings and recommendations resulting from program assessments and/or compliance reviews.
25. Develop briefing papers and summaries of technical documentation or managerial findings for senior staff or other decision-making bodies.
26. Ability to prepare responses for inquires reports, and proposals.
27. Understanding of overall administrative requirements.
28. Manages high level, collaborative projects with other internal and/or external organizations to meet agency goal.
29. Ensure that support is available and administrative actions are initiated.
30. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.