Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 794803
Staff Support Assistant (Administrative Assistant)
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (06-06) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings ARE subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you claiming Indian Preference and submitting form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment?
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action?
The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid State drivers license in order to fully perform the duties/functions of this position.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License. If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your current Valid Drivers License with your application.
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-6 Staff Support Assistant (Office Assistant). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
6. Review publications directives and other materials which may affect Natural Resources and Real Estate Services.
7. Endorse the Natural Resources and Real Estate Services program and other Agency programs as necessary.
8. Interpret assigned or selected reading material in order to relay information gained to proper sources.
9. Perform a wide variety of interrelated or nonstandard procedural assignments and resolve a wide range of problems.
10. Determine appropriate follow-up action on pending correspondence.
11. Maintain credit card log for audits of purchases and card activity.
12. Process procurement actions with appropriate cost structure for payment.
13. Research data in Bureau Financial Systems to locate any discrepancies to determine source of errors when errors are found.
14. Provide technical analysis and budgetary recommendations.
15. Prepare position descriptions for all trust programs.
16. Verify all forms required for submission to fill vacant position.
17. Maintain electronic files for each Trust position description.
18. Assist public and tribal officials on a regular basis
19. Transcribe handwritten notes or rough draft material involving both technical and administrative technicial materials.
20. Review grammar, spelling, punctuation and required formats utilized by the Natural Resources and Real Estate Program.
21. Assist in preparing preliminary responses for Natural Resources and Real Estate Services.
22. Encode timesheets for employees including corrections, leave for federal salary.
23. Operate personal computers and peripheral equipment for day to day business.
24. Encode data into the Federal Personnel/Payroll Systemn of record and Federal Finance Systems of record for processing.
25. Assit with travel arrangements i.e., authorization and vouchers, on automated travel system.
26. Initiate correspondence on a daily basis utilizing business applications and software packages.
As previously explained, your ratings in the Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you; (a) understand this warning, (b) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy and (c) verify that your responses accurately described your current level of experience and capability.
27. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.