Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated.
Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. Failure to provide your Social Security Number on your application materials will result in your application not being processed.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 795263
LAW CLERK (2013 AIR FORCE JAG SUMMER INTERN)
If not already selected, please indicate your lowest acceptable pay plan, grade level, or pay band:
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Please select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and willing to accept employment.
This section will be used to determine if you are a U.S. citizen.
FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
1. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. Yes
This section will be used to determine if you possess the minimum requirements needed to qualify for this position. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
2. From the descriptions below, choose the letter that BEST describes your experience and/or education relevant to this position as LAW CLERK (Summer Intern), GS-0904-07.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level in the Federal service or equivalent in other pay systems that equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience must include knowledge of statutes, regulations, precedents, and practices relating to the mission of the organization sufficient to identify the factual and legal issues, the relevant evidence, and to prepare summaries of precedent cases, interviews, and related case material for the attorney's use. Knowledge of legal reference sources and commonly used legal research procedures and methods sufficient to locate, analyze, and prepare reports on pertinent statutes, court decisions, legal opinions, and other legal documents. In addition, I WILL HAVE COMPLETED AT LEAST ONE YEAR OF LAW SCHOOL BY THE START OF MY SUMMER INTERNSHIP. (NOTE: YOUR RESUME AND TRANSCRIPTS MUST SUPPORT THIS STATEMENT IF CHOSEN).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Ability to document, compile, and perform legal research and writing.
4. Ability to provide guidance and sound advice to staff on information analyzed from investigations.
5. Ability to review, edit and analyze staff responses to ensure completeness and consistence with policy.
6. Ability to draft, negotiate, and/or examine contracts or other legal documents.
7. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy, orally and in writing, in a professional manner.
8. Ability to determine recommendations, appropriate actions, or interpretation of issues that impact organization, installation, or agency through historical data and fact based research.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
9. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.