Have you received any Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) from the Federal Government within the last 5 years?
If currently active duty in the U.S. Military, provide anticipated date of separation/retirement or start of terminal leave (mm/dd/yyyy).
If retired from the military provide your rank and the date of retirement:
If retired because of a service connected disability, transferred to the permanent disability retirement list, or currently receiving compensation for a service connected disability, indicate the percentage of the disability:
Date of your last VA letter or other Armed Forces Disability Letter (mm/dd/yyyy):
1. Please select one response that best describes how you meet the basic education requirement for this Biological Scientist (Microscopist) position. (PLEASE NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript to verify your claim)A. I have a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
2. Please select the one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0401-09 Biological Scientist (Microscopist) position. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are substituting education for experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts to verify your claim).A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-07) in the Federal service operating, calibrating, and/or maintaining microscopic imagining instrumentation; removing biohazards and/or chemical waste products from the facility; and maintaining laboratory supply inventories.
3. Please select the one response that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications for a GS-0401-11 Biological Scientist (Microscopist) position. (PLEASE NOTE: If you are substituting education for experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts to verify your claim).
4. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-11) in the Federal service providing microscopic imaging support by training users in various forms of microscopy; providing specimen preparation and imaging services; and operating and/or calibrating laboratory instrumentation; removing biohazards and/or chemical waste products from the facility; and developing recommendations to improve facility effectiveness?A. Yes, I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level performing the above described duties.
For each task in the following group, select the ONE statement that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.A- I perform or have performed this task regularly. My work, at times, may be reviewed by others to validate proficiency; however, it seldom requires re-work.
5. Train users in various forms of microscopy such as brightfield, epifluorescence, stereology, single and multi-photon confocal, and transmission electron microscopy.
6. Modify or adapt established protocols and procedures in response to test or study findings.
7. Develop recommendations regarding microscopic imaging facility operations to improve facility effectiveness.
8. Assist microscopy users with the development of experimental protocols.
9. Review current microscopic imaging research to keep abreast of new developments.
10. Provide expertise in specimen preparation techniques for light microscopy.
11. Perform all specimen preparation and imaging services for electron microscopy.
12. Assist users in the preparation of final images for presentation.
13. Provide briefing materials on pertinent activities and research relating to microscopic imaging.
14. Operate microscopic imaging facility instrumentation to view samples and objects.
15. Calibrate instruments to ensure the instruments operate with reliable results.
16. Coordinate instrument preventive maintenance and repairs with service technicians.
17. Perform quality control tests of products and services associated with microscopic facilities.
18. Properly handles biological and chemical waste products to ensure their safe use and disposal.
19. Make recommendations on actions for regulatory and control compliance based on inspection results of a microscopic imaging facility.
20. Schedule instrument usage and other requirements to maximize productivity and minimize conflicts.
21. Communicate scientific principles and technical requirements to users.
22. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.