Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 08.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Choose one answer that best describes your experience as related to the basic qualification requirements for Legal Instruments Examiner (OA), GS-0963-08.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in fact-finding, problem analysis, problem solving, writing, interpreting regulations and policies as they relate to import procedures and enforcement activities.
2. Choose one answer that best describes your experience as related to the basic qualification requirements for Legal Instruments Examiner (OA), GS-0963-09.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-08 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in fact-finding, legal research and analysis, inspection, problem solving, writing, interpreting regulations and policies as they relate to import procedures and enforcement activities.
3. Can you type at least 40 words per minute with three or fewer errors based on a five (5) minute sample?A. Yes
4. Are you a current status employee of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), Southeast Region?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Process regulatory/legal actions in support of the Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act.
6. Research pertinent data, laws, and regulations in processing compliance actions.
7. Recommend collection of samples based on Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act provisions.
8. Review inspection and analytical reports for evaluation and violations.
9. Process seizures of violative products.
10. Review files to assure completeness and accuracy of necessary documentation, proper statutory charges and applicability of existing policies in seizure and warning letter actions.
11. Draft warning letters to responsible firms for violations.
12. Identify appropriate statues, regulations, case law, and other materials relevant to the disposition of a case or legal issue.
13. Perform legal research in connection with legal and legislative functions, using various sources of legal references.
14. Validate that legal documents are in compliance with the appropriate regulations and policies.
15. Analyze aspects of case against applicable laws, regulations and procedures.
16. Analyze applications, registrations, and other legal documents to determine whether they meet established criteria and are in compliance with existing laws and regulations.
17. Process legal instruments/claims/documents.
18. Perform legal research of relevant statutes and precedents relating to pending litigation.
19. Conduct research for the purpose of tracing and establishing legislative bills and proposed legislation.
20. Prepare and review legal documents for action by appropriate personnel.
21. Draft legal memoranda on various questions researched.
22. Draft correspondence and proposed letters for submission to higher headquarters review and concurrence.
23. Prepare reports, exhibits, memoranda and statistical analyses to be used in litigating cases.
24. Prepare written replies to correspondence.
25. Interview potential witnesses, summarizing their prospective testimony and suggesting questions for examination.
26. Prepare government and expert witnesses for court appearances.
27. Answer verbal requests for information concerning legal transactions under review.
28. Contact claimants and claimant's attorneys with information relevant to their case.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form