Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience for Economist, GS-0110-13.A. I have completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to economic, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the additional qualifications requirements for Economist, GS-0110-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in the design of cost collection instruments and cost-effectiveness models; the collection of primary cost data and oversight of primary cost data collection; the extraction of cost estimates from published literature, reports and databases and the reporting of cost-effectiveness findings and methodological advances in cost collection and cost-effectiveness analyses in peer-reviewed journals.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Recommend most appropriate approaches to economic evaluation and policy analysis of HIV prevention activities.
4. Carry out most appropriate approach to economic evaluation and policy analysis of HIV prevention activities.
5. Keep abreast of the current literature on these approaches.
6. Identify data for models based on studies with most rigorous scientific design.
7. Update data estimates continually as new data are published.
8. Identify appropriate data ranges and distributions for sensitivity analyses.
9. Consult with other team members on best data inputs and shares own findings.
10. Stay abreast of literature on economic evaluation methods.
11. Stay abreast of scientific findings regarding the treatment and prevention of HIV.
12. Utilize most current research on methods and data in analyses.
13. Present methodological approach and research findings at team meetings, Division and Agency forums and at national and international conferences.
14. Advise scientists and policy makers throughout the Division and Agency on appropriate methods and findings.
15. Communicate in ways that makes methods as transparent as possible.
16. Prepare presentations, reports and manuscripts on project methods, outcomes and implications that are accurate, well-organized, transparent and concise.
17. Incorporate feedback from co-authors, supervisors and reviewers into written products.
18. Meet intermediate and final timelines for written work, including presentations, reports and manuscripts.
19. Design cost collection instruments and cost-effectiveness models
20. Collect primary cost data and data collection and extract cost estimates from published literature and other reports and databases.
21. Report on cost-effectiveness findings and findings describing advancements in cost collection and cost-effectiveness analyses in peer-reviewed journals.
22. Has background in HIV and HIV prevention interventions.
23. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.