Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Vacancy Identification Number: 795630
Announcement Number: IHS-13-OK-795630-ESEP/MP
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a United States Citizen or National, who is at least 16 years old?A. Yes
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated below. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment under the Merit Promotion or Excepted Service Examining Plan in the Indian Health Service. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following statements. Do not leave any section blank.A- Yes.
2. Are you a current, permanent (non-temporary) civilian employee on a competitive service appointment in a Federal agency or a former civilian Federal employee who achieved career status in the competitive service; or an interchange agreement eligible; or a VEOA eligible; or a former civilian Federal employee who served on a career-conditional appointment and was separated less than three years ago without achieving career status in the competitive service? (You must submit supporting documentation).
3. Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification? (You must submit a properly completed and signed copy of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Form BIA-4432, "Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Indian Health Service," for employees claiming Indian preference.)
4. Are you an Indian Health Service scholarship recipient who has completed the necessary requirements for an approved health profession degree in accordance with your academic institution and under the Indian Health Care Improvement Act (IHCIA)? (You will receive highest priority placement consideration for available vacancies within the IHS).
5. Have you held a permanent position in the competitive service at the same grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as this position; or be an Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP) applicant; or be eligible for a special appointment authority such as a Schedule A for the severely disabled? (You must submit supporting documentation).
6. Are you interested in performing the duties of this position within the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps? (You must submit sufficient information to permit this office to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements, including any selective placement factor).
INSTRUCTIONS: The following section is used to determine your Method of Consideration/Referral.
7. Please indicate which of the following plans you want to be considered under: you will only be considered for those that you indicate and are within reach for referral. Do not leave this section blank.
NOTE: You must also submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated in the vacancy announcement. Failure to provide the required documents will render you not eligible for consideration.
Thank you for your interest in this Supervisory Clinical Nurse (House) position with the Indian Health Service. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. In order to qualify for this position, you must meet the Basic Requirements for a nurse position. Select the response that most closely and accurately describes your background which demonstrates how you meet the education and registration requirements. Select only one response and do not leave blank.
2. GS-11 From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes your experience which demonstrates your ability to perform the work of this position at the GS-11. Select only one response and do not leave blank.
This position requires a nursing license before entering on duty.
3. I will have a current, valid, active, unrestricted license in any State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States before entering on duty?
4. Select the one best answer that describes your experience adapting to changing conditions.
For each task below, select the appropriate response that best reflects your experience level. Please select only one response. Your resume and/or supporting documentation must support your response.
5. Review assigned workload and duties of nursing personnel.
6. Assign, coordinate and supervise the specific duties of each level of nursing personnel.
7. Overall nursing program management.
8. Track and maintain time and status of items in a database.
9. Research statistical data, analyze records and collect data for Performance Improvement (PI) and Government Performance Results Act (GPRA) projects.
10. Utilize a wide range of qualitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness or the improvement of complex management processes and systems.
11. Develop complex nursing care plans.
12. Offer constructive criticism to staff to provide technical and professional advice.
13. Advise and execute a wide range of nursing concepts, principles and practices related to acute and preventative aspects of the health care problems of patients ranging from neonatal to geriatric.
14. Review and interpret medical orders with the nursing staff.
15. Research and/or analyze administrative problems such as Hospital and Nursing policy and procedure violations.
16. Develop recommendations to improve patient care and employee performance.
17. Evaluate the quality of patient care and nursing care for compliance to standards.
18. Assess patient status data to identify age related patient's needs
19. Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify age related patient needs
20. Plan program activities, performance improvement, safety and infection control.
21. Evaluation of quality of patient care and nursing care to ensure nursing program adheres to national nursing standards.
22. Select the one best answer that describes your experience adapting your behavior and work methods to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.A. My work experience has primarily included duties which were not subject to last minute changes in direction or strategy because of new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
23. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.