Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 795683
Soil Conservation Technician
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (05-06) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings ARE subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you claiming Indian Preference and submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment?
2. Are you claiming veterans preference and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from active duty?
3. Are you a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action?
The incumbent must possess and maintain a valid State drivers license in order to fully perform the duties/functions of this position.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License. If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your current Valid Drivers License with your application.
All eligible applicants must meet the Individual Occupational Requirement, "Basic Requirement", regarding the Specialized Experience for the (SOIL TECHNICIAN SERIES, GS-458) in order to be considered for this position. The requirements for the GS-458 series for this position starts at the GS-5, specialized experience and education described below. You must answer these questions. Failure to respond to this question will result in an ineligible rating. You must provide documentation supporting your response in your resume. You will be rated ineligible if your resume/application does not support the education/training/experience claimed.
5. From the description below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes meeting the basic entry requirements for the SOIL TECHNICIAN. Select only one letter. If you do not meet the requirements of this question or leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible.
6. Carefully read the following description of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-6 Range Technician. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select. If you do not meet the requirements of this question or leave this question blank, you will be rated ineligible.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each statement.
7. Advise landowners on maintaining a variety of measures that conserve and improve the soil, plant, water, wildlife, and resources of a land area.
8. Consult with agriculture leasees regarding overall operations of their leased tracts.
9. Assist the Soil Conservation staff and permittees in developing sound conservation plans.
10. Conduct annual soil data collection with agricultural leasees.
11. Advise landowners on maintaining a variety of measures that conserve and improve the soil, plant, water, wildlife, and resources of a land area.
12. Explain the installation methods of installing conservation practices on cropland fields.
13. Perform agricultural inspections to determine land use and compliance to leases and assignments.
14. Investigate agricultural non-compliance allegations and recommends corrective action.
15. Assist the soil conservation specialist in administration of agriculture leases and assignments.
16. Verify proper crop type and acreage for agriculture leases.
17. Certify completed conservation practices for compliance with specificiations.
18. Conduct surveys to determine utilization of agricultural leasee for future resource planning.
19. Inspect agriculture leases for over utilization and for Noxious weed infestations.
20. Provide regular and special reports on conservation activities.
21. Gather planning data and information on the physical features of farms.
22. Identify plant species for grazing purposes.
23. Inspect agriculture leases for leasee compliance with authorized numbers, season of use and maintenance of agriculture improvements.
24. Provide onsite inspections and oversite of contractor services on range improvement projects.
25. Participate in the direction of the work of others in construction and rehabilitation of agriculture improvements.
26. Prepare work plans for projects.
27. Utilize ArcGIS and Global Positioning System to ensure proper management of range and farmland.
28. Calculate (AUMs) Animal Unit Months and (SR) Stocking Rates to prevent overstocking or excessive use of grazing units/pasture.
29. Enforce resource management policies, procedures, goals, objectives and plans.
As previously explained, your ratings in the Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you; (a) understand this warning, (b) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy and (c) verify that your responses accurately described your current level of experience and capability.
30. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.