Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 08.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for a Secretary (Office Automation), GS-318-8.A. I have one year specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience performing a full range of secretarial and administrative support functions such as, but not limited to, serving as liaison between supervisor and other organizations, scheduling and making appointments and travel.
2. I possess a typing speed of at least 40 words per minute with 3 or less errors.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Provide information about the office, its functions and standard operating procedures to other office staff.
4. Research and assemble information about the office to respond to inquiries.
5. Screen mail for distribution and appropriate action.
6. Make all necessary travel arrangements for the supervisor upon scheduling appointments or attendance at meetings/conferences based on knowledge of the supervisor's travel preferences.
7. Develop statements of purpose and benefits and statement of contacts and prepared travel package.
8. Coordinate with other offices to develop schedule for visits using priorities of the supervisor.
9. Assemble background information for meetings for the supervisor.
10. Draft letters/memorandums of a non-technical nature on routine inquiries.
11. Develop background information on inquiries prior to forwarding to the supervisor.
12. Review outgoing correspondence to ensure compliance with agency procedures and for grammatical errors.
13. Revise and edit correspondence to improve or correct meaning or style.
14. Serve as liaison between the supervisor and individuals within and outside the office.
15. Direct visitors and callers to the appropriate area.
16. Screen calls for the nature of the call and appropriate action.
17. Brief the supervisor on formal and informal inquiries.
18. Brief the supervisor on meetings and/or conferences.
19. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.