Please select from the following to indicate how you would like to be considered. Not submitting required documents/proof may result in your disqualification. See How to Apply section.
Competitive All US Citizens . You are a United States citizen.
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how you meet the basic requirement for the Operations Research Analyst (1515) positions.A. I have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in operations research or a related field such as engineering, mathematics, statistics, economics, etc. which included at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus. Courses acceptable for qualifying for operations research positions may have been taken in departments other than Operations Research, e.g., Engineering (usually Industrial Engineering), Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Management Science. The following are illustrative of acceptable courses: optimization; mathematical modeling; queuing theory; engineering; physics (except descriptive or survey courses); econometrics; psychometrics; biometrics; experimental psychology; physical chemistry; industrial process analysis; managerial economics; computer science; measurement for management; mathematical models in social phenomena; and courses that involved application of operations research techniques and methodologies to problems of management, marketing, systems design, and other specialized fields; or other comparable quantitative analysis courses for which college-level mathematics or statistics is a prerequisite. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) to verify you meet this educational requirement. Otherwise, your eligibility may be affected.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT
2. Select the one response that best describes your qualifications for the Operations Research Analyst. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through federal service performing all of the following tasks: 1) analyze the operational requirements, current capabilities, needs and gaps in doctrine, organization, training, material, facilities, regulations and standards pertaining to large-scale transportation operations and programs on land, maritime, or civil aviation environments; 2) direct studies and apply advanced analytical and statistical methods and techniques to locate and address vulnerabilities in cargo, passenger baggage, or similar scanning operations; and 3) identify solutions to ensure the safety and security of national and/or international transportation systems against radiological and/or nuclear terrorism. (YOUR RESUME MUST SHOW WHERE, WHEN AND HOW YOU PERFORMED THESE TASKS).
KNOWLEDGE OF NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION ENVIRONMENTS, REGULATIONS AND OPERATIONS
For each task I the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
3. Develop and analyze studies for transportation or terrorism vulnerabilities which require advanced analytical and statistical method.
4. Analyze operational requirements and capability gaps in transportation environments, regulations and operations.
5. Assess government and/or private sector efforts to address cargo, conveyance, or individual scanning needs in transportation environments.
6. Assess international land, maritime, and/or aviation transportation operations to ensure effective and efficient security operations.
7. Assess commercial cargo operations to ensure effective and efficient security operations at ports of entry.
ABILITY TO PROVIDE OVERALL DIRECTION AND CONTROL OVER PROGRAMS WHILE MAINTAINING COST, SCHEDULE AND PERFORMANCE PARAMETERS
8. Develop funding recommendations for multi-year programs using basic knowledge of budget planning and resource utilization requirements.
9. Resolve or manage program or policy issues as they relate to counter proliferation, counterterrorism, or other systems.
10. Provide planning guidance in accordance with nuclear detection program policies and objectives.
11. Determine the need for written policies and procedures for a nuclear detection program and oversee their development.
12. Identify relevant issues based on changing transportation related program requirements.
SKILL IN ANALYZING AND EVALUATING ISSUES RELATED TO TRANSPORTATION OPERATIONS AND PROGRAMS
13. Devise analytical techniques to evaluate findings and issues related to land, maritime, and/or aviation operations and programs.
14. Conduct life cycle cost analyses for architecture (hardware, software, equipment and/or communications) intended to coordinate and integrate the ability to detect and interdict illicit radiological materials and devices within transportation pathways.
15. Analyze the operational requirements, current capabilities, needs and gaps of doctrine, organization, training material, personnel and facility regulations and standards pertaining to large-scale transportation operations and programs.
16. Prepare guidance bases on analyses of interrelated issues of effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of mission-oriented programs.
17. Participate in strategic planning activities related to transportation operations and programs.
SKILL IN PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND IMPLEMENTING PROGRAMS
18. Provide advice related to program or policy issues that involve major areas of uncertainty in approach or methodology.
19. Recommend or develop new or improved methodologies or approaches for analyzing the effectiveness of processes and operations.
20. Consult with management to prepare short and long range planning guidance in accordance with broad program policies and objectives.
21. Provide options and recommendations to improve productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency in program operations and administrative support activities.
22. Persuade others to take a particular course of action or to accept findings, recommendation, changes or alternative viewpoints.
23. Influence the establishment of short and long terms goals and objectives and develop processes and procedures to accomplish objectives on national level projects and assignments.
CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
24. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.A. Yes, I verify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my rating may be lowered and/or I may be removed from further consideration.