1. Please select one response from the choices below to show how you meet the Qualification Requirements for this Program Analyst position at the GS-12 level.
2. Please select one response from the choices below to show how you meet the Qualification Requirements for this Program Analyst position at the GS-13 level.
KNOWLEDGE OF BUDGETARY POLICIES AFFECTING THE FINANCING AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF PROGRAM/PROJECTS
For each task listed below, select the statement from A through E that best describes your level of experience, education, and/or training. If you leave any question blank your score will be negatively impacted. ATTENTION: For each question below, you must document your skill level in your resume. This means, for example, that if you rate yourself at the expert level (E) for a skill or task, you must document when you have supervised or trained others doing that skill or task. If you rate yourself at the independent level (D), you must show that you did the task as a regular and recurring part of a job. We will verify that you have documented your skills in your resume and your score will be lowered for skills that are not documented.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Interface with a Finance and Budget Division on basic budget issues as they relate to long-range program and objective planning.
4. Evaluate the mutual effects and interrelationships between program goals and accomplishments to budgetary resources and policies.
5. Develop, recommend and implement budgetary policies affecting the financing and accomplishment of important program/projects
6. Manage and analyze the planning, programming and budgetary information for organizations, recommending adjustments, corrections or alignments as necessary.
7. Review, analyze, and integrate performance data to develop recommendations with respect to assigned programs at resourcing decision points within an organization's Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution cycle.
SKILL IN PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND DIRECTING THE WORK OF PROGRAMS/PROJECTS REQUIRING SUBSTANTIAL RESOURCES OR CHANGES IN ESTABLISHED PROCEDURES
8. Analyze new or proposed legislation or regulations to determine potential and probable impact on program operations.
9. Use the theories, concepts and practices of program planning and evaluation to plan, develop and evaluate similar or interrelated program activities.
10. Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses of organizational programs to identify shared functions or crosscutting activities.
11. Maintain and manage planning and programming information acquired from technical or research and development operations to ensure completeness and consistency with requirements.
12. Analyze planning and programming information acquired from technical or research and development operations and recommend adjustments, corrections or alignments as necessary.
13. Develop new or modified administrative program policies, goals or objectives to improve or correct identified planning or program deficiencies.
KNOWLEDGE OF THE HOMELAND SECURITY FIELD AND WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION RISK-REDUCTION MISSION AS IT RELATES TO PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING FUNCTIONS
14. Conduct analyses of homeland security or weapons of mass destruction risk reduction programs to recommend changes or improvements in organization, staffing, work methods and procedures.
15. Research and investigate new or improved business and management practices for application to homeland security or weapons of mass destruction risk reduction programs
16. Provide critical review, interpretation and input on the optimal strategic path for security-related scientific research and development programs, taking into account all applicable laws, regulations, policies, Management Directives and strategic initiatives.
17. Develop Strategic Plan and Planning documents which define the strategic goals, objectives, and performance measures for security-related scientific research and development programs and are based on policies, directions, initiatives and legislation.
SKILL IN COMMUNICATING ORALLY
18. Represent an organization in interactions with representatives from other government agencies, private industry or academia to promote cooperative relationships between your organizations on homeland security-related concerns.
19. Work collaboratively to negotiate desired changes with managers from scientific research and development programs, recommending alternative options, objectives, and procedures.
20. Consult with management to prepare detailed plans, goals, objectives, requirements, and criteria for complex or high-value management processes and systems.
21. Present, negotiate and defend study plans results and recommendations before organizational officials.
22. Advise senior management officials on strategic and multi-year planning and programming issues involved in state of the art security-related scientific research and development programs.
ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY IN WRITING
23. Prepare program directives, memoranda, and reports for internal organizational use.
24. Prepare reports, memoranda, briefing papers and other written materials for outside publication.
25. Draft findings and recommendations which capture and analyze statistical data relating to the organizations operations on complex issues or problems impacting major programs.
26. Prepare internal instructions, operating policies, procedures, guidelines, etc., concerning assigned program(s) and recommend required changes and adjustments to assure proper and adequate accomplishment of major program goals and objectives.
CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
27. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance.
Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.