Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Choose one answer that best describes your experience as related to the basic qualification requirements for Supervisory Administrative Management Specialist, GS-0301-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service providing leadership and oversight of administrative management services in support of program operations such as budget, accounting and financial management; information technology acquisition program management; contract administration; program analysis; human resource management; and advising management and staff on administrative matters.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Perform a wide-range of management support activities requiring considerable planning, coordination, management and evaluation.
3. Ensure all administrative actions are in compliance with regulations and policies exercising full delegated authorities while ensuring the successful accomplishment of the operation.
4. Assure management policies and resource allocations within the office are effective in terms of needs, priorities, policies and program objectives.
5. Coordinate and participate with senior management in the development and implementation of programs, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines in the areas of administrative/operational management, program and financial planning and evaluation.
6. Provide essential centralized management services and other critical administrative management support functions for the assigned office.
7. Manage the quality assurance system of the administrative service functions of the office implementing effective quality programs, executing activities and enhancing productivity.
8. Develop, compile, interpret, monitor and evaluate information/data from various sources identifying weak areas.
9. Conduct studies of existing procedures and makes recommendations or independently revises and develops alternative procedures.
10. Perform an analysis of designated segments of work and initiate action as appropriate administering internal control plans.
11. Analyze current management and organizational practices identifying vulnerable areas and developing solutions and safeguards to eliminate the risk of fraud, waste and abuse.
12. Develop and approve management studies, budget and financial plans, procurements and property matters, travel requests, space plans personnel actions, and training requests in support of the office staff.
13. Plan, manage, and coordinate a broad range of studies and program analysis activities covering technical and management facets of the operations of the organization.
14. Provide leadership and direction for effective, uniform and economical accomplishment of the office administrative management functions.
15. Provide leadership and guidance directing development and implementation of long range strategic and operational plans and systems.
16. Supervise an administrative support staff responsible for providing essential centralized management services and other critical administrative management support functions for the assigned Office.
17. Meet and interact regularly with management, supervisor, co-workers, visitors, and customers concerning related policies, practices, procedures and precedent guidelines.
18. Participates with management and other senior staff in planning, coordinating and reviewing programs, resources and activities of the office.
19. Advise management in the development and implementation of program, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines ensuring quality service.
20. Coordinate and participate in the development and implementation of programs, policies, standards, procedures and guidelines in the areas of administrative/operation management, program and financial planning and evaluation.
21. Prepare a variety of administrative management reports and development of special request reports as requested by Office components and management.
22. Receive and respond to requests for information and/or data providing status, advice and materials to various internal components and external organizations.
23. Develop standard operating procedures and business practices to ensure administrative functions are completely appropriately.
24. Develop new or revised operating policies for functions and programs of the office to assure management policies and resource allocations within are effective in terms of needs, priorities and program objectives.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form