1. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the answers that I am about to provided in this questionnaire are true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 CFR part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "NO" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify my answers provided in this questionnaire are true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
2. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-0301-12 Fire Program Specialist (Grants).A. My resume supports at least one year of specialized experience providing technical advice and assistance to State or Local entities regarding preparedness grants; interpreting and applying a wide range of laws, regulations, policies and methodologies related to the grants management life cycle; experience in the fire service and an understanding of fire principles, technology, terminology, training and equipment in order to incorporate these concepts into the programmatic management of fire grants that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service.
3. Do you have experience managing Federal, State or Local grants?A. My resume supports my experience managing Federal, State or local grants.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Delivering fire grant programs, to include interpreting program policies and applying applicable rules.
5. Working at the state or local level regarding the development of technology relating to firefighters and public safety issues and/or firefighting experience.
6. Building partnerships with states, locals and tribes and other entities that resulted in successful delivery of fire programs.
7. Making oral presentations on issues to inform federal, state and/or local officials or private sector organizations or interested parties with respect to significant matters regarding fire related programs.
8. Writing letters or documents that must present an idea or describe an action that must be taken by the reader or that convey fire policy decisions/determinations in a clear and concise manner.
9. Working in support of project management or in the related technical fields of fire service organizations and communities.