Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-601-13.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-0601-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, which includes experience in the design, analysis, implementation, presentation, and publication of epidemiologic studies.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Knowledge of the theories, principles, and concepts of epidemiology and/or related health sciences in order to formulate hypotheses regarding health status and health outcomes and conduct meaningful analyses and interpretation of data.
4. Plan and carry out epidemiological studies and select appropriate epidemiological methods to be used for the most accurate scientific assessment.
5. Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on public policies or epidemiological studies or surveys.
6. Provide advice and assistance in the development and implementation of studies, procedures, methods and strategies for obtaining and using scientific data.
7. Evaluate project/study design, data collection, analysis and data utilization methods.
8. Develop methods to identify and implement control measures to contain medical epidemiologic problems.
9. Develop and evaluate interventions to improve control measures and public health intervention.
10. Develop and coordinate the sharing of health-related educational or informational materials.
11. Assess the adequacy and quality of epidemiological data collected.
12. Explain methodologies and results as they relate to impact on public health problems.
13. Design prevention and control measures including guidelines for improvements in public health safety.
14. Disseminate research findings and assure the usage and application to education and prevention programs.
15. Provide epidemiological support at the local, state or federal level for mycotic diseases.
16. Provide epidemiological support during a mycotic disease outbreak or other public health emergency at the local, state, federal or international level.
17. Present research findings at public meetings, interagency science forums, national or international meetings or at briefings of high-level officials.
18. Provide scientific consultative services to difficult programs or projects that have unusually demanding scientific problems or issues.
19. Provide advice and consultation on epidemiologic and surveillance activities related to mycotic diseases.
20. Design, implement, and report on epidemiological research and/or surveillance projects related to infectious diseases.
21. Analyze and report surveillance and/or outbreak data related to enteric diseases.
22. Work in a mycotic diseases epidemiology program at the state or national level.
23. Communicate and/or collaborate with regulatory agencies to address mycotic diseases.
24. Communicate scientific findings or ideas orally to peers and to the general community.
25. Represent the organization at professional meetings and conferences on clinical research, epidemiology and laboratory science as related to public health or policy issues related to public health.
26. Collaborate with analysts and statisticians in analyses and communication of data to others.
27. Communicate with mycotic disease surveillance partners at the local, state, federal and/or international levels.
28. Author or co-author articles, research findings or public health relevant position papers in peer-reviewed publications, scholarly journals, or national reports.
29. Develop scientific publications and other documents communicating scientific findings.
30. Develop and coordinate the sharing of health-related educational or informational materials
31. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.