For item 1 and 2 please read the following statements carefully. Your responses to the following question will determine whether or not you will be eligible for this position. If you respond "No" to any question in this section, you will not be eligible for consideration for this position.
1. Are you willing to submit to an initial and periodic background investigation, including a fingerprint check and a credit check?A. Yes
For item 2, please read the following statement carefully.
2. Do you have extensive firsthand private sector chemical and/or oil refinery accident investigation experience demonstrated by comprehensive, professional-level knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) regulatory and safety principles and the ability to apply that knowledge to the critical analysis of related technical engineering or process safety issues.A. Yes
For item 3 please read the following statements carefully.
3. From the description below, select the one response that describes the experience you possess that demonstrates you meet the minimum qualification requirements for CHEMICAL INCIDENT INVESTIGATOR, GS-1801-13/14A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 performing and applying the concepts of chemical process safety management in the investigation of more complex chemical and/or oil refinery process incidents as related to various chemical accidents,analysis, and programs.
For the following items/tasks, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your HIGHEST level of work experience and/or training in this task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in this task.
4. Conduct negotiations with diverse parties to facilitate an investigation of a private sector chemical incident.
5. Conduct analysis utlizing your knowledge of national safety laws, regulations, principlas and practices in the area of chemical production.
6. Conduct site preservation and evidence and data collected at an incident occuring at a private sector chemical plant, oil refinery, or similar facility.
7. Develop and implement safety programs compliant with statutory, regulatory and other requirements with OSHA and EPA approval.
8. Conduct complex incident investigations at private sector chemical plants, refineries, or similar facilities.
9. Conduct, develop and lead interviews of witnesses of a major chemical incident.
10. Analyze and apply human and organizational factors to determine the root causes of a private sector chemical incident.
11. Conduct analysis of PSM or RMP data to determine the root cause of incidents at a private sector chemical facility.
12. Lead and manage complex technical projects at a private sector chemical plant and/or oil refinery or similar facility.
13. Write and develop formal chemical incident investigation reports.
14. Compose briefings to justify decisions or recommendations.
15. Synthesis large volumes of information and research to write investigation reports on the findings concerning a private sector chemical incident.
16. Analyze and apply consensus codes and standards to determine how to prevent chemical incidents at a private sector chemical plant or oil refinery.
17. Organize and manage the on-scene fact-finding phase of the investigation and all related activities in order to determine the root cause of a private sector chemical plant or oil refinery incident.
18. Recommend new federal safety regulations or laws that may lead to major culture changes in industry and practices.
19. Survey the chemical incident site, to determine the scope of the investigation, and work with local state and other federal representative in accordance with the Board policy.
20. Build and manage effective incident investigation teams by encouraging cooperation, trust, and consensus building; resolving conflicts; and collaborating with others using team problem solving methodologies and tools.
21. Promote collaboration between multiple parties to share information and achieve results.
22. Coordinate with customers to obtain additional information to complete a chemical incident investigation.
23. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives of other Federal Agencies and private entities.
24. Provide leadership and expertise in effectively managing and coordinating incident investigations with diverse parties.
25. Prepare and deliver formal oral presentations on the findings concerning a private sector chemical incident.
26. Discuss chemical production operations, industrial chemical/safety programs, and process safety management programs in the private sector.
27. Explain or defend complex incident investigation with other federal agencies (i.e., OSHA, EPA), the public, industry, labor manufactures, national and professional organizations and associations.
28. Provide advice and information and disseminate the Boards' policies and positions concerning industrial chemical safety and hazardous materials incident investigation.
29. Provide technical advice and guidance to team members.
30. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.