Select at least one occupational specialty code. The specialty code(s) for this position are 001, 002 and 003. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Open to All
002 - Competitive Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. SF-50 or veterans documentation).
003 - Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for noncompetitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA - for positions at GS-11 and below), and persons with disabilities (Schedule A), military spouse preference, Federal employees in excepted positions covered under an interchange agreement, and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced for this 790829. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a noncompetitive or special hiring authority.
Complete this section ONLY IF you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). To be considered, you must be a surplus or displaced Federal employee as defined in the regulations, be applying for a vacancy at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been or are being separated (and with no greater promotion potential than your position), and be occupying or have been displaced from a position in the same local commuting area as the vacancy.
Note: To receive consideration for the CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation as specified in the vacancy announcement.
1. Select one statement from the choices below to show how you meet the qualification requirements for this position at the GS-13 grade level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as 1) providing authoritative advice on internet technology (IT) contract execution; 2) conducting studies to evaluate program efficiency and effectiveness; 3) assisting in long-range planning for a program or project; 4) assisting in developing new ways to resolve major administrative problems or plans. This must be reflected in your resume to be found qualified.
2. Select one statement from the choices below to show how you meet the qualification requirements for this position at the GS-14 grade level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as 1) evaluating the effectiveness of IT contract performance; 2) advising contracting officers concerning IT security system services; 3) developing long-range program plans; 4) developing new ways to resolve major administrative problems or plans; and 5) making recommendations that significantly change or impact the interpretation or develop major policies or programs. This must be reflected in your resume to be found qualified.
SKILL IN APPLYING ANALYTICAL AND EVALUATIVE METHODS AND TECHNIQUES TO ISSUES CONCERNING THE EFFICIENCY AND EFFECTIVENESS OR PROGRAM OPERATIONS
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list A through E following each task that best describes your experience. Your resume must support your answers or your overall score may be lowered or considered ineligible.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Assess and improve contracting and contract evaluation programs and processes by using a range of analytical and evaluative methods.
4. Assess productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency of contracting and contract evaluation operations by analyzing administrative processes and procedures.
5. Review proposed legislative changes to assess the projected impact upon the major contracting activities of an organization.
6. Analyze existing policies, programs, and operations for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
7. Produce studies that identify ways to improve the effectiveness of work methods, procedures, organizations, and management controls related to contract management and oversight.
KNOWLEDGE OF CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
8. Monitor contractor performance against the purpose and scope of contracts for IT security system services.
9. Ensure contract guidelines are being followed by contractors performing the work.
10. Recommend personnel changes if modifications to contract requirements are made.
11. Elicit feedback from program managers concerning contractor performance.
12. Present briefs on contractor performance.
ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE ORALLY
13. Provide advice and guidance to contracting officers concerning IT security systems.
14. Provide technological information concerning IT security systems to contracting officers.
15. Serve as a communication channel between a contracting office and contractors performing the work.
16. Provide clear, persuasive explanations of planning activities and changes affecting the processes/programs.
17. Present contracting recommendations to senior management.
ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE IN WRITING
18. Write recommendations for managerial consideration on contracting issues.
19. Write reports to recommend changes to programs and procedures.
20. Write reports that justify decisions, findings, or recommendations.
21. Utilize appropriate IT security system terms and information in written materials.