Select at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Have you been accepted for enrollment, or are you currently enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis?A. Yes
2. Do you reside within a 60 mile radius of Ames, Iowa?A. Yes
3. Do you possess a valid motor vehicle driver's license?A. Yes
Your resume and responses to this Assessment Questionnaire will be evaluated to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
4. Select one statement that best describes your highest level of experience as it relates to your ability to perform the duties of the Student Trainee (Animal Care), WG-5001-03 position.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I know little or nothing about this.
5. Recognize observable signs of stress and illness in animals.
6. Recognize individual animals by color, markings, sex, size, or tags and tattoos.
7. Locate animals mingled with other animals or despite natural camouflage.
8. Recognize obvious changes in an animal's appearance, activity or condition when provided with specific signs/symptoms to observe.
9. Follow general instructions such as providing each animal or group of animals a set measure of food or liquid at specific times of day.
10. Continually observe animals for appearance and activity.
11. Perform repetitive work from specific instructions such as cleaning animal areas.
12. Perform simple animal care tasks under close supervision.
13. Catch, pick-up and handle docile but agile animals without hurting the animal or self.
14. Maintain control of confined animals by following security procedures such as keeping gates closed.
15. Exercise care when cleaning animal areas to prevent animal escape and danger to self.
16. Handle common household pets without injury to animal or self.
17. Read, record and report animal care information such as color and other markings, type and amount of feed, room temperature, dates, times, and unusual appearance or activity of animals.
18. Maintain animal care records such as cage numbers, name or number of animals, and type of feed or liquids to be given.
19. Read and understand forms and records pertaining to animal care.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
20. If you fail to respond to this item, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.