Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 796785
Supervisory Information Technology Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (14-14) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes the experience you have to meet the basic requirements for this position.A. I have information technology related experience that demonstrates possession of each of the four required competencies related to attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. My experience includes but is not limited to analyzing the information technology (IT) requirements necessary to meet user needs; planning, designing, developing, and implementing secure, cost-effective IT solutions that best satisfy user needs and that are consistent with Federal guidelines and standards; operating, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining IT systems; retiring and properly disposing of IT systems that have reached the end of their useful life; working closely with subordinates to ensure that IT is implemented consistently throughout the organization and that timely and satisfactory customer support is provided to the agency. (Note: This experience must be demonstrated on your resume/supporting documents.)
2. Applicants must have specialized experience in the amounts shown below to be considered for this position. From the descriptions below, choose the letter that best describes the highest level of experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-2210-14, Supervisory Information Technology Specialist work. (Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour work week. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate our experience)A. I have at least one full-time year (12-months) of specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-2210-13 grade level in the Federal service, specialized experience includes; Evaluating the utilization of staffing and funding resources in accomplishing program goals and objectives; Studying and analyzing operational plans, acquisition strategies, management processes and related systems to establish resource requirements and address IT planning/ management; Supervising subordinate supervisors and employees; Advising senior organizational personnel on IT decisions resulting in new programs, operational initiatives, development of new state-of-the-art methodologies and techniques and those that have the potential for causing the expenditure of large sums of money and human resources; and Conducting and/or directing studies and analysis of on-going programs and operations to develop procedures and processes linking near-term plans with established IT requirements.
The following statements pertain to your ability to plan and establish staffing goals, set priorities, direct a variety of complex program.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience or training. Please select one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Coordinate the execution of IT projects with other programs.
4. Study and analyze operational plans, acquisition strategies, management processes and related systems to establish resource requirements and address IT planning/ management.
5. Develop processes for integration of operational plans, acquisition strategies, management processes and related systems into the budget and program system.
6. Monitor subordinate organizational segments to ensure work plans and schedules are implemented.
7. Manage individual duties involved in determining and prioritizing IT requirements.
8. Plan and execute IT programs and project to ensure exploration of new technology to satisfy current needs and prepare for future events.
The following statements pertain to your ability to supervise a subordinate staff.
9. Manage organizational IT requirements through subordinates.
10. Evaluate subordinates.
11. Approve hiring selections for non-supervisory positions.
12. Approve or propose disciplinary actions for subordinate employees.
13. Determine and/or approve training needs for subordinate employees.
14. Recommend or approve awards and bonuses for subordinate employees.
15. Resolve serious employee complaints not resolved by subordinate supervisors.
16. Monitor subordinates work progress and evaluate performance.
The following statements pertain to your ability to communicate orally.
17. Represent IT senior leadership on committees, conferences and meetings.
18. Provide consultation to management, users, customers, vendors, and IT personnel at higher levels in the organization regarding IT programs.
19. Provide direction to various forums to define and assign IT requirements, evaluate IT tools, solutions, and integration activities, and assess operational readiness of solutions, hardware and configuration prior to deployment.
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of financial management.
20. Manage budget execution for IT programs.
21. Evaluate the utilization of staffing and funding resources in accomplishing program goals and objectives.
22. Adjust the utilization of staffing and funding resources as needed to ensure mission or program success.
23. Approve expenditure of organizational funds.
The following statements pertain to your knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques.
24. Develop and implement performance metrics.
25. Evaluate program or project goals, objective, and progress to determine if adjustments are needed to meet organizational goals.
26. Determine means to improve productivity.
27. Determine how to best utilize resources to meet goals and objectives.