Read the definitions below to determine what options you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-0301-13 Natural Hazards Program Specialist.A. My resume supports at least one year of specialized experience applying the principles, concepts and practices associated with the field of floodplain management and the regulations of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Such experience must include initiating community compliance reviews, conducting investigations that involve program, policy, land use planning and activities which lead to corrective actions and negotiated solutions amongst diverse stakeholders and shows expert knowledge in conducting meetings, writing reports, technical guidance and correspondence in an official capacity that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service.
Identify the position(s) in your resume in which you performed the above activity/activities; and/or gained the relevant experience. "Refer to Resume" will not be accepted. Maximum length of 250 characters.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Knowledge and experience interpreting and applying the floodplain management and insurance provisions of the NFIP in order to promote and coordinate NFIP programs at the Federal, State, local and tribal levels, and within the private sector.
3. Providing information on correctly rating flood insurance policies.
4. Advising property owners on flood insurance options.
5. Reviewing participation in the flood insurance and mapping process.
6. dealing with submit to rate problem resolution and Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) issues.
7. Identifying floodplain management compliance problems.
8. Motivating diverse audiences using complex presentation methods as well as networking to engage both internal and external contacts and/or stakeholders.
9. Making oral presentations to management and/or other professionals on presenting clear and convincing instructions and technical information based on advanced knowledge and/or area of expertise.
10. Drafting complex and detailed documents, reports, and/or compiling vital reporting information, correspondence or other documents involving exact and detailed program related issues as and informational source or to provide persuasive guidance for upper-level management or external stakeholders.
11. Initiating or leading efforts independently within a team environment that successfully accomplishes assigned tasks through effective planning, inclusive teamwork and good organizational and motivational skills while utilizing program knowledge.
12. Receiving and giving instructions to others covering complex program related issues utilizing advanced interpersonal skills.