Thank you for your interest in the Administrative Officer (GS-341-15) position at our Agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the qualification requirements of the Administrative Officer, GS-0341-15, described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position at the GS-15 level because I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector providing or obtaining two or more essential management services (e.g., budget, human resources, management analysis, space management, procurement, records management, accounting, contracting, etc.) for a multi-function organization performing the following types of tasks: managing the formulation, justification or execution of the budget for an organization responsible for conducting a substantive multi-year and multi-million dollar program; projecting and analyzing the impact of significant and continual changes in program plans on the execution of budgets; providing expert technical leadership, staff coordination and consultation on Federal procurement contracting laws and regulations to senior-level management; developing plans for new office space or renovations of existing space based on such factors as anticipated volume of operations, changes in functions, and future plans for expansion, and negotiating for the acquisition of property and supplies to fulfill those plans; planning and implementing human resources management initiatives that are broad in scope and difficult to implement such as major reorganizations; formulating short and long-term planning goals for administrative programs that include resources, facilities, and acquisitions; and establishing work metrics to measure and evaluate the performance of complex program functions or missions.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment. Please respond yes or no to the following questions. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBILE RATING. NOTE: You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated. Failure to provide the required documents WILL render you not eligible for consideration.
1. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Employee – I am a current and permanent Title 5 National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases employee.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit a copy of your most recent competitive career or career conditional Standard Form-50 that reflects your highest grade held on a permanent basis. You may obtain a copy of your SF-50 from the eOPF Page.A. Yes
2. Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position within the Department of Health and Human Services in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are considered well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you MUST submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record. For more information on CTAP, please visit OPM's The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page .A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
1. Implement administrative control programs for organizations that ensure operational efficiency, adherence to managerial policies, and authorization of transactions.
2. Develop and implement administrative policies and procedures for an organization.
3. Implement information technology projects to improve the efficiency of administrative support or program operations.
4. Formulate short and long-term planning guidance consistent with the mission, vision, and strategic aims of the organization.
5. Brief senior managers on administrative services and procedures.
6. Ensure organizational compliance with travel policies, regulations or procedures.
7. Implement programs to maintain accountability and management of property for an organization.
8. Resolve space management issues for an organization.
9. Evaluate space and service needs and plan for ways to meet these needs (e.g. through extensive alterations and renovations to major facilities or leasing of new office space).
10. Implement acquisitions programs involving multi-million dollar contracts and long-term contractual efforts (e.g. up to five years).
11. Plan and implement human resource management initiatives consistent with the mission, vision, and strategic aims of an organization.
12. Provide oversight and direction on the development and implementation of processes and methods which address recruitment and outreach needs of an organization.
13. Implement and oversee programs which provide employees with enhanced opportunity for upward mobility.
14. Provide advice to senior-level officials on reorganizations or other changes affecting the structure and allocation of resources of an organization.
15. Provide advice to senior-level officials on incentive programs to recruit and retain top talent in an organization.
16. Make recommendations to senior-level officials on current and future workforce needs of an organization.
17. Perform workforce studies to determine current and future workforce needs of an organization.
18. Analyze new programs which identify costs and required resources.
19. Provide advice to senior-level officials.
20. Develop methods to integrate strategic initiatives that support organizational goals and objectives.
21. Establish work metrics to measure and evaluate program performance.
22. Redesign the way work is done to better support an organization's mission and reduce costs.
23. Use business process re-engineering to improve work processes.
24. Analyze and evaluate (on a quantitative or qualitative basis) the effectiveness of administrative programs or operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
25. Monitor budget processes for an organization with significant resources (e.g. one at a multi-million dollar level of annual resources).
26. Monitor budgets to ensure the appropriate use and timely expenditure of funds.
27. Develop and implement management control systems that ensure the accountability of an organization's budget and accomplishment of organizational goals.
28. Prepare budget proposals involving multi-year programs.
29. Present and defend annual budget justifications to senior-level officials within and outside an organization.
30. Provide advice to senior-level officials on the impact of changes in funding levels on an organization's programs and goals.
31. Set goals or plan work to be accomplished by subordinates.
32. Set and adjust priorities, and prepare schedules for completion of work by a team.
33. Provide advice, counsel or instruction to employees on technical work and administrative matters.
34. Identify employees' developmental and training needs based on organizational goals and budget realities.
35. Counsel employees on performance matters.
36. Resolve employee complaints.
37. Apply EEO laws, regulations, and policies to ensure affirmative action objectives and adherence to nondiscriminatory employment practices.
For the following questions, please indicate YES or NO to best describe your experience.
38. Have you led, supervised, or directed a multi-layered workforce of widely varying occupations and knowledge levels?A. Yes
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
39. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.