Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (07) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your responses are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
1. Do you possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in an appropriate social or biological science, which included or was supplemented by 12 semester hours in Psychology? (NOTE: If using education to qualify, a copy of your transcript is required. If you do not submit a copy of your transcript, your application may not be processed.)
2. Do you possess at least one year of technical work under the direction of a professional psychologist in a program of professional services, training, or research? Except for those who qualify solely on the basis of education, candidates for this position and grade must have had at least 1 year of technical work experience; 6 months of such experience must have been comparable in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-5 level in Federal service and should be supported on your resume.
3. If you do not possess one year of technical experience, do you possess one full year of graduate study in psychology at an accredited college or university? (NOTE: If using education to qualify, a copy of your transcript is required. If you do not submit a copy of your transcript, your application may not be processed.)
4. For this position you may qualify based on superior academic achievement (SAA). In order to be creditable, superior academic achievement must have been gained in a curriculum that is qualifying for the position to be filled (psychology). Please select from the following the statement which best describes your educational background. (NOTE: If using education to qualify, a copy of your transcript is required. If you do not submit a copy of your transcript, your application may not be processed.)
5. In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), No person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?
Selective Placement Factors (SPF) are a prerequisite to appointment and represent minimum requirements for the position. Applicants who do not meet the SPF are ineligible for further consideration
6. Have you worked under the direction of a scientist in social science research?
7. Do you have experience with conducting data analyses using statistical package for the social sciences (SPSS)?
8. Do you have authorship on a paper in a scientific journal or on a poster presented at a scientific conference?
The following statements pertain to your ability to conduct psychiatric clinical interviews as well as oversee research staff conducting such interviews.
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
9. Utilize standardized psychiatric assessments such as the semi-structured clinical interview for the Mini-Psychiatric Assessment in order to conduct interviews.
10. Train subordinate staff that conduct psychiatric assessments to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance.
11. Assist in modifications of techniques and hardware to improve the outcome of research studies.
12. Assist the principal investigator for the purposes of planning and organizing research.
13. Oversee technical aspects of functional research experiments.
The following statements pertain to your ability to inspect clinical report forms and ensure adherence to research protocols.
14. Assess accuracy of clinical report forms of several projects to ensure adherence to research protocols.
15. Lead laboratory meetings to ensure adherence to research protocols.
16. Collaborate with other scientists in order to discuss research approaches.
17. Assist in experimental design and use of computerized statistical tools.
18. Conduct clinical psychiatric interviews for the purposes of assessment and evaluation.
19. Administer neuropsychological tests under the direction of a licensed psychologist in order to obtain research data.
The following statements pertain to your ability to ensure regulatory compliance as required by the institutional review board and/or appropriate regulatory agencies.
20. Create, submit, and maintain institutional review board documents in order to ensure regulatory compliance.
21. Manage multiple study protocols concerning research on mental health issues.
22. Report protocol deviations to the project investigator in order to maintain oversight and compliance with regulations.
23. Report protocol deviations to oversight agencies in order to maintain oversight and compliance with regulations.
The following statements pertain to your ability to identify, recruit, enroll and retain research participants.
24. Screen and enrolls participants to ensure they meet study inclusion/exclusion criteria.
25. Create and maintain effective participant tracking sheets for the purposes of recruitment and retention.
26. Utilize skills and techniques in order to meet protocol recruitment and retention targets.
27. Identify and implement novel approaches to participant recruitment and retention.
The following statements pertain to your ability to conduct data analyses.
28. Select source documents at random to verify accuracy of data entered into a database.
29. Verify that quality control procedures have been followed in order to ensure regulatory compliance.
30. Utilize Statistical Packages for the Social Sciences (SPSS) or equivalent for the purposes of conducting data analyses.
31. Utilize Analyses of Variance (ANOVA) in order to analyze data sets.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
32. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Veteran's Preference Documentation Reminder - In order to receive appropriate preference consideration, you should submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference should also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the SF-15 form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).
Transcript Reminder - If you are basing your qualifications on education (or a combination of education and experience) or if the position requires a college education to qualify, you must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application.
Resume Reminder - Your resume must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)