Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will be used to determine whether you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements. Your resume must support all responses to the minimum qualifications questions.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level conducting region-wide studies; evaluating programs administered by different organizations within an agency that involved isolating, identifying, and recommending solutions to critical problems affecting the administration of important national programs and the attainment of agency program goals and objectives; and serving as the project officer responsible for the evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of major program operations throughout an agency where the evaluations take into consideration factors such as cost effectiveness, attainment or program goals and objectives, and compliance with pertinent legal and regulatory guidelines
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrate the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Communicate highly technical material effectively to varied audiences.
4. Give formal briefings to all levels of managers, staff members, and outside groups regarding program operations.
5. Develop written procedures and furnish policy guidance to subordinates.
6. Resolve complicated issues and complaints from employees.
7. Make decisions and resolve problems involving interpretation of laws or unusual situations requiring interpretation and application of policies.
8. Formulate budget recommendations based on fiscal analysis of program operations.
9. Develop and implement new policies that significantly impact operational programs.
10. Evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of major program operations using detailed analysis of statistical data.
11. Develop, establish and carry out action plans for accomplishing short and long-term priorities, deadlines, goals, and objectives.
12. Monitor and analyze the flow of casework throughout the organization to ensure quality work is performed and make changes as needed.
13. Adjust program operations to meet changing priorities within available resources.
14. Inspire, motivate, and guide others toward accomplishment of goals.
15. Assign work to subordinates based on changing priorities and demonstrated employee strengths.
16. Establish training processes to improve and develop employees' performance.
17. Develop and monitor performance measurements to evaluate the effectiveness of operations and assist in program administration.
18. Coordinate and integrate major work assignments, projects, or program segments.
19. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.