Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: TAG:VacancyID
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (TAG:Beginning Grade-TAG:Ending Grade) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
1. Do you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level that included a solid background in all phases of the federal budget formulation and execution processes with an emphasis on analytical methods and leading change management efforts designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of budgeting activities; oral and written communication skills; and developing budget procedures and guidelines?
2. Do you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level that included applying knowledge of the federal statutes and government-wide plans, rules and regulations; applying precedent making decision affecting budgetary, fiscal, and other areas of responsibility; developing guidance; interpreting policy requirements; advising program directors or upper-level management on compliance with federal financial management regulations and accounting systems?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Extensive experience in utilizing evaluative methods to analyze, project, forecast and monitor fund and monitor fund accounts (including salary and expense accounts), advising management of significant trends and alternative solutions.
4. Experience in preparing complex analyses to determine the budgetary impact of new or revised legislation, policies, procedures, and program requirements at the program and agency level.
5. Experience in advising higher level officials internal to a federal budget office of the technical and operational aspects of procedures for effecting solutions to problems, including those of a highly difficult nature.
6. Experience in developing policies and procedure and presenting policy recommendations.
7. Experience in performing complex analyses and evaluation of budget and program performance to identify significant trends and to determine program efficiencies and effectiveness.
8. Demonstrated experience working in a team environment and effectively interacting with management officials in order to provide advice, direction, and guidance on program planning and budget activities utilizing your knowledge of Office of Management and Budget, and Congressional budget requirements.
9. Experience in monitoring the use of funds to ensure that they are used in a timely and proper manner in support of program objectives.
10. Experience in advising management on the propriety of budgetary actions proposed by program officials as such propriety relates to the integrity of applicable guidelines, including the intent to Congress.
11. Experience in providing technical advice for budget preparation, presentation, execution, and budget development.