Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you a Federal employee with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; a former Federal employee with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; a displaced Federal employee requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); a veteran who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouse; PHS Commissioned Corps Officer; an individual eligible for VRA appointments (at the GS-11 and below grade levels); and individuals with disabilities.
2. For the GS-9 grade level, applicants must have 52 weeks in a non-temporary appointment at the GS-7 grade level. For the GS-9 grade level, applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience includes identifying, considering, and resolving problems applying ethics regulations and policies to specific situations.A. Yes
3. For the GS-11 grade level, applicants must have 52 weeks in a non-temporary appointment at the GS-9 grade level. For the GS-11 grade level, applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience includes experience implementing ethical policies and practices, providing ethics training to program areas, and participates in the development and implementation of systems for collecting, evaluating, and monitoring of the confidential financial interest statements.A. Yes
4. For the GS-12 grade level, applicants must have 52 weeks in a non-temporary appointment at the GS-11 grade level. For the GS-12 grade level, applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level, in the Federal Service.
Specialized experience is experience in the major area of Government Ethics uses a comprehensive knowledge of ethics to function as the technical authority in providing advice and counsel. And demonstrates the ability to analyze a wide range of complex, highly technical issues and develop recommendations resolutions.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience is related to the work of the position and equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service as described in the vacancy announcement.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Do you have experience in interpreting laws, statues, executive order, regulation and guidelines from Congress, Office of Government Ethics, and Agencies?
6. Do you have knowledge of the principles, functions, and processes, of management in order to comprehend how the Agency ethics program may affect the management of the programmatic activity?
7. Do you have experience developing resolution methods and making recommendations for resolving conflicts to the Division Director?
8. Do you have experience participating in the evaluation of individual reports to determine compliance to applicable laws?
9. Do you have experience providing general routine ethics advice and guidance to employees?
10. Do you have experience as an initial reviewer of financial disclosure statements for regular and Special Government Employees?
11. Do you have experience explaining the statutory and regulatory prohibitions and criminal penalties for violations?
12. Have you participated in the development and implementation of sound ethical policies and practices?
13. Do you have experience in writing comments and opinions; to draft appropriate transplanting memoranda and notes to and from top decision makers?
14. Do you have experience providing education to Agency employees?
15. Do you have experience in communicating with all levels of staff and management to obtain information needed to complete tasks?
16. Do you have the ability to resolve differences of opinion or obtain clarification on written or oral comments and disseminating information?
17. Have you conducted formal training to Agency employees?