Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 797529
FIRE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (PREVENTION & MITIGATION), GS-0401-7/9
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-09) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings ARE subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License. If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your current Valid Drivers License with your application.
5. This position requires previous wildland firefighting experience which provided knowledge of the techniques, policies, and practices of wildland fire management. A minimum of 90 days of wildland firefighting experience is required to meet qualifications for this secondary (administrative) covered position. Wildland firefighting experience is defined as on-the-line wildland firefighting experience gained through containment, control, suppression, or use of wildland fire. Wildland fire is defined as any non-structure fire that occurs in the wildland. The three distinct types of wildland fire are wildfire, wildland fire use, and prescribed fire (includes only fireline experience on a prescribed fire and does not include experience in the planning stages). This is a MANDATORY qualification requirement/selective factor of this position. Do you have wildland firefighting experience as described above?
6. From the descriptions below, select the answer that most accurately and specifically describes the education you have that demonstrates how you meet the Basic Qualification Requirement or INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT (IOR) for this GS-0401 series position. Mark only 1 response. Please note that your answer will be verified against the information you provide in your resume and application. (You must submit a complete, legible copy of your official transcripts to document this basic requirement). For more information, go to:
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-7 Fire Management Specialist (P&M). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.)
8. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-9 Fire Management Specialist (P&M). Make sure your resume supports the response that you select. (NOTE: If qualifying based on education, you must submit a complete, legible copy of your official college or university transcript(s) with your application to document academic achievements and receive credit.)
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
9. Assist in the preparation and implementation of wildland fire prevention and mitigation plan.
10. Implement fire trespass policies and procedures; coordinate investigation of fire trespass and determine the value of lossess from fire trespass.
11. Provide assistance on fire investigations that are multi-jurisdictional.
12. Assist in planning for both short and multi-year activities in wildland fire prevention and mitigation.
13. Investigate ignition source causes and location on government land including observing, collecting and preserving and/or examining evidence.
14. Assist in developing a coordinated approach to hazardous fuels reduction with particular emphasis on WUI.
15. Communicate with management in a formal meeting environment.
16. Conduct presentations to both small and large audiences.
17. Collaborates with local media on the development of messages for public distribution.
18. Prepare presentations using Powerpoint software.
19. Prepare reports, plans, and programs using Word processing software.
20. Incorporate images and other graphics into reports or presentation using digital imagery.
21. Monitor wildland fire prevention and WUI mitigation activities and evaluates the effectiveness of the programs.
22. Recommend revisions to wildland fire prevention and mitigation guidelines and procedures.
23. Prepare routes, methods and frequency of contacts and inspections.
24. Plan the type and placement of printed signs and posters for maximum exposure of prevention awareness in an interagency environment.
25. Work with interagency partners and the public to promote prevention and mitigation awareness of fire issues.
26. Provide wildland fire prevention education to schools and promotes wildland fire prevention awareness through fairs, rodeos, parades, etc.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
27. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.