Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Competitive Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive Merit Promotion: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Have you successfully completed a full four-year course of study leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major study in an academic field related to health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position, such as biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, epidemiology, or other related biological and/or medical sciences?A. Yes and I have submitted my transcripts showing I meet this Basic Requirement.
2. Do you have at least one full year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 or higher grade level in the Federal service, that included coordinating the activities of projects to include monitoring, tracking, and reporting of information; applying FDA regulations, policies, and legislations in conducting new product/drug approval processes; and using spreadsheet software to retrieve and analyze data?A. Yes, I have the experience described above.
3. Do you have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 or higher grade level in the Federal service, that included managing and/or leading projects to include managing resources, assigning work, and resolving conflicts; and providing advice and guidance on FDA regulations, policies, and legislations relating to new product/drug approval processes?A. Yes, I have the experience described above.
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
4. Participate in drug manufacturing or drug discovery processes in a medical and/or pharmaceutical industry.
5. Advise on drug application and review processes in a medical and/or pharmacy industry.
6. Monitor regulatory affairs for a medical or pharmaceutical industry.
7. Provide up-to-date status of project progress activities to management.
8. Coordinate the project activities of a team including scheduling, milestones, and assignments.
9. Monitor the progress of team activities for an assigned project.
10. Identify issues/concerns that may adversely impact project goals of a project (e.g., scheduling, resources, and risks).
11. Work with members of a scientific, regulatory, and/or management review team to develop project plans.
12. Recommend innovative solutions to improve review processes and activities for a program.
13. Coordinate the resolution of conflicting resource needs, availability, and scheduling for a project.
14. Advise supervisors, team members, and management of potential impact to project situations and recommend innovative solutions to problem areas.
15. Participate in discussions regarding the implementation of new policies, procedures, and processes for a program.
16. Advise supervisors, team members, and management of potential impact to project situations and recommend innovative solutions to problem areas.
17. Provide oral reports or briefings on up-to-date status of a project's progress.