Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 798119
OFFICE AUTOMATION CLERK, GS-0326-4
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (04-04) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?
For all positions titled as Office Automation or any clerical positions which has parenthetical title of Office Automation (OA), applicants must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute and knowledge of general office automation software, such as, word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc. NOTE: Falsification of this certification may be used as grounds for not employing you or for dismissal.
6. Do you certify that you are proficient in typing and type at least 40 words per minute and are knowledgeable of general office automation software such as, word processing, personal computers, electronic mail, database management, and spreadsheets?A. Yes, I type 40 or more words per minute and meet the typing and office automation proficiency requirements as outlined above.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-4 OA Clerk. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I possess at least one year of general experience which is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each statement.A- I have not had experience, education, or training in performing this task. (0 points)
8. Maintain security or confidentiality of records, equipment, or computer access.
9. Make copies, collates, and/or binds materials.
10. Create and maintain a computerized record system.
11. Maintain paper filing or record system.
12. Ensure that paper files are current and complete.
13. Search files, documents or other sources for information.
14. Maintain own or others' calendar or schedules.
15. Analyze and interpret routine information.
16. Verify accuracy and completeness of information on paper or computer documents or records.
17. Correct mistakes in written or computer documents or records.
18. Provide technical support.
19. Recommend solutions to routine problems.
20. Operate a personal computer or computer terminal.
21. Use a keyboard to prepare letters or other documents.
22. Use a computer or word processor to create, edit, print, retrieve, or manipulate files.
23. Operate standard office equipment (i.e., telephone, typewriter, fax, photocopier, calculator).
24. Use a computer to process and analyze data.
25. Use software to create charts, tables, or graphs.
26. Keep up with new features in office equipment or technology.
27. Respond to inquiries or requests for information.
28. Contact others to obtain information.
29. Screen calls and decide to whom the caller should be referred.
30. Greet and refer visitors.
31. Project a professional attitude and appearance.
32. Works cooperatively with others for the benefit of the team or project.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
33. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.